Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Bimmersports Official World Cup Thread

The worlds biggest sporting event starts tomorrow so who is going to win it all and take the glory? Can Brazil live up to expectations and win on home soil? Will England make it out of the group stage? Or will protesters disrupt the whole thing?

All I know is I can't wait and the games are on at pretty good times for us here in NZ

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 1

i thought that was last year?

:P

we have a projector set up at work all ready for tomorrow. I must remember to not be too grumpy with my staff not working as hard....

pretty impartial myself.

I must remember to not be too grumpy with my staff not working as hard....

Already walked in on one of my guys sussing live streams for tomorrow.....

Already walked in on one of my guys sussing live streams for tomorrow.....

I got all the tvs at work hooked up and ready on skygo for the morning. Wont be able to miss anything tomorrow.

England deserve a win, 5 Liverpool players will tear it up and keep them in the comp for awhile atleast im sure.

Let's try to stay a bit on topic huh?

stoked with the view from my desk:

PyVN1Cb.jpg?1

I've got money on Brazil to win it @ $3.75 - good value >$3 I think

But may regret that if Croatia holds them out

Not a bad start to the World Cup, although that penalty decision was horrible. Must be hard though in a stadium with 60,000 Brazilians.

England deserve a win, 5 Liverpool players will tear it up and keep them in the comp for awhile atleast im sure.

They the same ones that choked in the EPL ;) I think they will struggle for goals unless Rooney can step up. Having said that, they are a bunch of young players who should play without fear which will work in their favour. The ones to watch for I think will be the Beligans, as they have some great players.

Must be hard though in a stadium with 60,000 Brazilians.

Sooo unconvincing from the Brazilians but Croatia were great, new tournament favourites once Mandzukic is back?

Awesome, the "official" thread, bugger those unofficial threads on Bimmersport lol

My son plays soccer but I've always been a rugby person myself. Looking forward to tomorrow night!

Im.picking netherlands over spain.

Strikes me odd that brazil is in a pool with sh*t coutries and yet somehow the two finalists for last year are pooled together...

Still picking holland to take it out. Looking more likely by the day

Long way to go yet.. anything can happen in the sudden death matches.

I've been loving it so far (except the usual England under-performances). No-one has looked totally convincing, which is great as it makes it nice and open with plenty of goals. I'm still in the work sweepstake so that's also a bonus!

Now it starts to get really serious so I expect games will tighten up and become more defensive as the stakes get higher.

I'm making a profit if Brazil, Germany or Argentina win so that's where my allegiances lie. Netherlands and France looking pretty good so far though

Hopefully Germany take it out. I should have put more on them at the beginning.

So no one is going to comment on this mornings game? I think blitzkrieg bests describes it.

Hopefully Germany take it out. I should have put more on them at the beginning.

Germany does look good but have run out of goals? In South Africa they put 4 past England and then couldn't kick on. I hope they can.

I have a cousin in den hauge.

His comment this morning was " last time the germans behaved like that we got a new courthouse" not sure if too soon.

So no one is going to comment on this mornings game? I think blitzkrieg bests describes it.

I was up in Rawhiti with trees falling down and no power so missed all the excitement.. looking forward to a repeat over Argentina in the final

It was pretty intense game! Hopefully we see some more goals tomorrow and not a 0-0 draw in normal time.

Agreed. Netherlands proved that brazil have lost it which hopefully means that germany werent that great and it will be a close game.

It was indeed very close, but the best team won in the end :)

The final wasn't exactly the best advertisement of football this year's competition had to offer but Götze's finish was outstanding.

Can't wait to get back into club football now supporting the mighty Arse - with three World Cup winners, the huge statement of signing Sánchez and hopefully some returns from injury we're gonna be challenging!