FS: 1994 E36 M3

1994 E36 M3 3.0 (NZ New, 206,xxx KM)

S50B30 3L Engine

5 Speed manual

Limited slip diff

Arctic Silver

M Cloth Interior

Full OBC, dual climate, no sunroof, hifi audio, electric seats

Freshly rebuilt vanos unit (using Beisan System kit)

Recently serviced with new engine, gearbox and diff oils. Coolant is also new.

Reg and Wof

Dunlop tires with very good tread all around

New gear and handbrake boots

Armrest

Recently pulled 179KW at the wheels on the STM Dyno, so a very healthy engine. Runs and drives well.

Tidy original condition, with only minor modifications. Catalytic converters have been replaced with resonators, and a K&N Panel filter installed in the original airbox. Drilled rotors and braided brake lines fitted all round.

Extensive service history from the previous owner (owned for 10 years), including the likes of all wheel bearings, multiple bushes (including RTAB and control arm), belts, spark plugs, coilpacks and new front Bilstein shocks. Most common wear items have been replaced, with receipts.

Headlining and pillar trims have all been replaced with new padded black material, and the bolsters on drivers seat have been replaced with new alcantra. Very tidy inside.

Paint is very tidy with some minor oxidisation on the boot (faint clouding but comes up nice with a polish) and a couple of small chips/pin dents here and there. Front lip has had a knock and lost some paint.

All electrics work except the aircon, which although is gassed and the compressor engages does not blow cold. Previous owner said the compressor requires replacement, but i never use it so havent bothered. Heater works great (recently replaced heater control valve due to failure).

This is a fantastic, honest, 20 year old german sports car. Its not perfect, but for its age and KM its a damn good example. Its been my weekend car, and i love driving it each and every time, but ive got my eyes on a different car so this needs to make way for that.

$14,000 ONO.

DSC06172_zps4fbf4b17.jpg

DSC06171_zps82bd3002.jpg

DSC06173_zpsc1a4b901.jpg

DSC06023_zpsefbf26ac.jpg

DSC06025_zpsf4d20fb9.jpg

DSC05880_zps9aaaf743.jpgDSC05936_zps269ab175.jpg

DSC05935_zps5875723a.jpg

DSC05919_zps729641be.jpg

DSC05917_zpsf2a848e2.jpg

DSC05907_zps3829d735.jpg

DSC05910_zpsd7f1779b.jpg

Edited by KwS

Nice car Kelvin, saw some details on Bwarp, pulling good power too. What are you looking to get next?

Undecided, lots of test driving to be done before i decide. Looking at R32/R33 GTR, MK5 Golf GTi or R32, Mazdaspeed Axela/MPS, or maybe a W211 E55 AMG.

Yup I was looking at the R32 Golf mk 4 and 5, sound great but not much power. R32/33 is where I'd like to spend some $s too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Took some new photos of things that have changed since i last took photos.

DSC06233_zps27f6741c.jpg

DSC06234_zps70d30753.jpg

DSC06235_zps21d614ff.jpg

DSC06227_zpsae8288d6.jpg

Edited by KwS

<insert witty remark about skid marks> but seriously, who would have thought that the velour would wear in that manner. otherwise, lovely car and GLWS.

haha yeah, thanks. Thats the worst of the wear, and its just the top layer of the material gone (miles away from wearing through). Previous owner must have had pocket buttons on his ass or something.

WOF passed (only needed head and fog light height adjusted), expires next year some time.

no dave. u need to refurb your leather dude!

but yea 12k is a great buy for any1 in the market for an e36m3

Bump.

The M Cloth is way cooler than leather (not just literally) :P

Bump.

The M Cloth is way cooler than leather (not just literally) :P

Damn, summer and black leather is a real bastard. I might get a drivers seat cover haha

Bump.

Running better than ever, recent wof, will come with 3 months reg.

i had one serious potential buyer (the only person to actually view the car) last week but he purchased an M3 Evo over the weekend, other than that, a couple of useless swaps but no cash offers. I always have heaps of watchers on my listing.

I don't think I'm asking too much. Im the cheapest on TM and my KM aren't the highest. Yet its perplexing me as to why so little interest.

Edited by KwS

Its in need of some new photos, so might take them this weekend if its nice. Ill smooth out the seat too (i was out of battery in camera so had to quickly jump in the back before it died, and as anyone that has been in the back of an E36 can agree.... its tight getting in.).

With the Evo IMO a lot of the appeal is all just personal preference (options, colour etc). The 6 speed box isn't as strong, the big ends are known to go for a run, and the engines don't make anywhere near the factory rated power. The 3.0 although older its just that little bit tougher.

i think your price is bang on.

Now you got me thinking about your car........................

I think the fact that the Evo had more options was a lot of the appeal. By then BMW had worked out that the M3 was a hot seller and added *loads* of options. I disagree with your 6 speed assessment though because that gearbox is bulletproof.

But let's not get this (3.0 vs 3.2) out of proportion - the 3.2 is still lighter, stronger and more powerful and these are the numbers that people associate $ with - whether that translates to driving enjoyment is debatable.

saw a 6 speed recently that blew it self to pieces, literally

oh well, at the very least you better treat the 6 speed like glass, BMW doesn't supply any internal parts to repair/rebuild them, only complete assemblies :P

im not saying they're fragile, I'm saying they aren't as strong as the 5 speed (but I'm too lazy to trawl the net to get proof so my statement is moot anyway).

Its in need of some new photos, so might take them this weekend if its nice. Ill smooth out the seat too (i was out of battery in camera so had to quickly jump in the back before it died, and as anyone that has been in the back of an E36 can agree.... its tight getting in.).

With the Evo IMO a lot of the appeal is all just personal preference (options, colour etc). The 6 speed box isn't as strong, the big ends are known to go for a run, and the engines don't make anywhere near the factory rated power. The 3.0 although older its just that little bit tougher.

Agreed. My research showed the evo had the weaker box and hardly ever hit it's power claim. Also most race cars are based on the 3.0. It's just that much stronger.... ;)

are they steel block vs ally block like M50/M52?

Google/wiki says iron block

Edited by KwS

*sigh*

Because i still own this (Dont get me wrong, i love driving it, put on a couple of hundred km this week in just random driving) it will now come with a new JVC mechless USB/AUX headunit instead of the 20 year old Alpine thing. Will also have a new Century battery as the old one has decided to sh*t the bed (crappy cheap AA batteries).