Sign in to follow this  
KwS

FS: 1994 E36 M3

i had one serious potential buyer (the only person to actually view the car) last week but he purchased an M3 Evo over the weekend, other than that, a couple of useless swaps but no cash offers. I always have heaps of watchers on my listing.

I don't think I'm asking too much. Im the cheapest on TM and my KM aren't the highest. Yet its perplexing me as to why so little interest.

I had some trouble selling mine too. Mine was far and away the tidiest one on TradeMe at the time, and was one of the cheaper/lower K examples too. Noone actually came and viewed the car except one bimmersporter. The guy that ended up buying it bought it site unseen and then flew up to pick it up.

When it comes down to it, it is a lot of money for an old car, and there are only a few people willing to pay that at any one time.

Pretty simple. Only an enthusiast is going to buy that car. There are only so many of those around who don't already own one (or want a second one). So as much of an awesome car as it is, your pool of potential buyers is very, very small. Try listing it on the NZ BMW club for sale section perhaps.

Its just that the hipsters havent figured out that e36 m3s are cool yet ... dont worry .. give it two years and theyll be lining up in droves and prices will hit 45k in no time.

• Like 1

buy the car, ill throw the interior in for free. Mean deal!

well, trying anyway. Had a few enquiries but no one seems to have any money. Had heaps of offers for swaps... but mainly for E36 325s with snitchel kits >_<

Amazed you haven't had lookers at least.

At that sort of money I am thinking about it!

ive still only had the one person bother to view. Im sure if anyone else were to view, itd be sold.

Im kinda over trying to sell it and it pains me to sell it for so little, but its just time to move onto car number 42 (or as the better half would prefer, buy a house)

• Like 1

Bummer. Good luck mate, keep trying someone will make the effort eventually. What are you wanting to replace it with?

havent really decided. Will be whatever takes my fancy first. Must be turbo and manual. Thinking i should be responsible and buy something cheap and cheerful and put the rest in savings.... but im not really a responsible person so who knows.

• Like 2

Such great cars, I cant believe it is not selling.....have you thought of turbo'ing this one or perhaps swapping in a 328 and turbo'ing that (keeping the S50 aside..)

Surely an M3 is going to kill an old, common as muck skyline? cornering, prestige, long term value.....less agro from police an d general punters who associate skylines with boy racers and/or drifters......you don't wear your pants around your ass and a hoody do you? Like the majority up here at least! :P

Edited by Rgvkiwi

As previously said, a buyer of an E36 M3 is out there with the sole intention and desire to buy an E36 M3. Too much money for the flatpeak bmw crowd to sack on its arse and matt black (thank god), but not drool worthy/distinctive enough for the average joe to know what it is.

i dont have the space/time/money to make this a turbo project, easier to sell and buy something already with a snail on it.

Willing to help organise (at buyers cost) shipping it Auckland, or anywhere else in the country.

Have you tried listing it on the BMW owners' club for sale section? Sadly a small target market for what is a lovely purists car.

didnt know there was any club other than bimmersport tbh, never bothered to look further.

Start a PM with Amber-Lee (MISS BM) because she has *all* of the hook-ups and will certainly be able to point you in the correct direction regarding capturing the attention of enthusiasts. And she's an awesome chick to boot!

Haha thanks for the Kind words there Dave :P

There are a few places to post - but be prepared to take a battering of the undecided as well as some genuine people.

We have around 2500 followers on the BMW group, 1100ish in the ECC Group, and a few hundred on the Euro Car Classifieds...

BMW Car Club are pretty neat, mainly filled with genuine enthusiasts; not Facebook Forum junkies that you may find from the others.

f**k it, anyone with 10K came come and take her away. Want to play with a new toy but havent the space for 3 cars >_<

10K firm. It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the sale of the f**king century!

Will come less headunit and will have original gearknob fitted.

Edited by KwS

sh*t mate, I'f I didn't need 4 doors I'd be over that like a rash. That's almost 328 money.