Sign in to follow this  
kulgan

Hows this for sad

sh*t happens

Thats a whole lot of sh*t that happened..

Note the large structure which is chained down and didn't move, from that poor crew work with bad house keeping habits. Also why would the Captain endanger his ship and crew by taking it through a Hurricane in the first place where was COMMON Sense? bet the insurance bill wasn't little.

• Like 1

Do they actually chain cars down in the modern fully enclosed car carriers? Not like they are trucks with easy tie down points....

Shipping offices push ships to take chances, the captain is put under a lot of pressure.

By the mess inside it would seem nothing was used to secure the vehicles at all maybe the park brake could have helped although the ute being throw around tells a different story.

Even if under pressure your own survival instinct, common sense would kick in surely? and avoid the storm.

Edited by tim 325

Caught slipping

Guess its a fairly extreme case - the clinometer was showning 40 deg to port & 50 deg to starboard. Which would explain the ute tumbling end over end....

At least they were all new cars so nothing was lost, except for insurance premiums. BMW will just make more to replace those that were destroyed.

• Like 1

At least they were all new cars so nothing was lost, except for insurance premiums. BMW will just make more to replace those that were destroyed.

BMW is probably the only winner with this story I guess.

Parts, parts and more parts!! :D

I feel sorry for the poor ba$tards that had to go in and clean the mess up once it made port!

Yeah, pulling all that lot out would have been one hell of a mission.

Probably one of the last shipments of new E65/E66! Sad :( still has the plastic on the seats from the factory.. I wonder if any of the cars were salvaged for parts, hmmm...

post-6674-0-67037700-1404306741.png

I teared a little haha

post-6674-0-38046200-1404306828.png

I wonder if any of the cars were salvaged for parts, hmmm...

Not sure if it is still the case but a few years back it used to be that any new (i.e. unregistered) cars that were damaged beyond repair were scrapped and crushed by an approved scrappy. This was to prevent the possibility of the chassis number being re-used on a stolen or written off vehicle.