Sign in to follow this  
mad_r3v3nant

hot laps in the 2015 bmw m3 yesterday

so yesterday i was taken down to hampton downs as a birthday present and i was the second person to enter the 2015 m3 before launch in nz and the first to have it at 240kmph apart from the main driver of course man that car is seriously beautiful and just so amazing if only i had serious money, i was in the blue one ,the blue one also raced the 2013 white one and it blew it away

post-51647-0-06035200-1406089006.jpg

post-51647-0-21657800-1406089117.jpg

Edited by mad_r3v3nant

Thats awesome!

Im heading down to Hampton on Wednesday to test the M3 & M4 and can't wait!

Also a semi present given the timing ;)

Hope "M3_power" does not see this, he may be very jealous he didnt get invited :P

Edited by ROBHASAE30

Im a high E46 M3 lover.. So it will take A LOT to change my mind to the newer ones, shall be the test taking it on the track :)

• Like 1

Ah nice. Im heading down next Wednesday too. Looks like you had a good spin around

Hope "M3_power" does not see this, he may be very jealous he didnt get invited :P

Don't think Tom will be jealous... He's one of the very few people on here who can actually afford to buy one of these cars, so it's probably us that should be green. What he will be is unsurprised. He hasn't been overly impressed with the dealers' service over the years.

• Like 2

so yesterday i was taken down to hampton downs as a birthday present and i was the second person to enter the 2015 m3 before launch in nz and the first to have it at 240kmph apart from the main driver of course man that car is seriously beautiful and just so amazing if only i had serious money, i was in the blue one ,the blue one also raced the 2013 white one and it blew it away

cool...so you drove the car at 240k's? and they raced the blue car aginst the white car?

Probably should have made that one clearer I couldn't drive it because of license issues bmws race driver drove it and they had a couple of races as they were both out in the track

LOL ... I guess I deserved that for the posts I've put up ... but not really jealous at all ... far from it.

Don't think Tom will be jealous... He's one of the very few people on here who can actually afford to buy one of these cars, so it's probably us that should be green. What he will be is unsurprised. He hasn't been overly impressed with the dealers' service over the years.

Nail on the head Jooles ;) It's more the treatment from dealerships over the actual day.

Anyway, after seeing this video I am far from impressed ... 75hp down and 1.4 quicker on a short circuit... LOL ultimate driving machine I think not. The handling looked a handful through all the sections of the circuit when the Porker just looked absolutely planted. Either BMW missed the mark once again with the handling on this or the tyres are letting what should have otherwise been a good handling car down again. Judge for yourself, but I don't think any of us on here are more qualified than the test driver in the video.

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 1

It's also a couple hundred kilograms lighter, and $100k more expensive.

It's also a couple hundred kilograms lighter, and $100k more expensive.

I think you are over exaggerating the price difference. More like £10k at most spec for spec. Also yes lighter without extensive use of carbon fiber ... So if Porsche can be such light weight the bimmer should be lighter.

Edited by M3_Power

Yeah, because a Porsche really is a useable four seater, where the M is really only a two-seater, oh wait, what...

I think you are over exaggerating the price difference. More like £10k at most spec for spec. Also yes lighter without extensive use of carbon fiber ... So if Porsche can be such light weight the bimmer should be lighter.

?

Carrera S is $260k +, M4 is what, $170k?

The video compares it against the base 911, not an S. However I do think that M4s and 911s will rarely be competing for the same buyers.

They are with Tom... And the Porsche is winning I think.

Porsche showing off its 911 Chassis at it's absolute best. I am a fan but I am sure the development budget of this alone may been the entire program of work for the 4series coupe.

Its great to see M4 taking the fight to a full on Sports Car costing roughly 80K more, this is the grin factor for me.