Sign in to follow this  
Ugan

E46 323i - Whats the going rate?

Seen one off Trademe,1999 323i Auto. Not a Msport, buy now $3500. Every panel has some sort of dent or scrape.

Thanks.

need to know more info than that. if its like 150,000 kms then its a decent deal.

if its like 300,000 then its probably roughly the right price if not too much.

what options does it have? leather? sunroof? what colour is it? nz new or jap import? good service history? kms obviously.. panel damage isnt a big deal for some ppl and especially if everything else is good.

hard to say with the limited info you gave us so far

my bad.

Silver sedan 1999. Black leather seats not sport. no sunroof. 226000kms Japanese import.service history.

Cheers

I think price is about right but i think u can find better lol. kms r getting up there but might be ok depending on what kind of work thats been done. Cooling system is a big one.

i think i sold mine for about 5K a year ago. 180,000km auto 323i sedan, silver non-sport, cloth. Import, no history (other than the service i did, and diagnostic passing), but was very tidy inside and out, everything worked and it had motorsport wheels.

A year ago and now is a very different market imo. 5g sounds like a good price!

it is a very different market now, and i was lucky to get what i did for it back then (top end of the market really) but its a real world example. $3500 is about right, maybe even too much, for a rough 323i. I wouldnt own another *23i (owned 3, E36, E46 and E39), just too under powered.

Thanks Guys, I just need something for my wife to use while she is on maternity leave. So not too concerned with power right now.

E46's are worth peanuts now. If power isn't as issue by the latest model 318i you can find ideally a facelift model

318i manuals are easier to find in the market too, if that matters.

If ur looking for something and power isnt an issue i suggest a facelift 320. M54b22 is the 2.2l engine. Decent power and great car overall. I was suprised and impressed at a 2002 320i non msport sedan my friend had.

Good luck

At the end of the day it doesnt really matter what the spec is if thats all it will be used for, just pick the best one you can afford (service history, condition, and major work like cooling system). Dont skimp out now, or you may find if the cheap car hasnt been looked after it lets you down when you really need it.

Love this particular engine, I have heaps of fun driving my 'underpowered' Schnitzer, but at the end of the day it has the perfect amount of up and go when you need it... My is daily and I clock over 850ks a week, generally 1000ks and she has been perfect to run, maintain and has 252,000 ks now.

I paid twice what this is beginning of this year, however mine is slightly tuned, and is a genuine ACS Kitted car :)

Honestly, go for it. They are lovely cars and I am not ever planning on selling mine. And if it makes any difference, it can keep up on the 'spirited' cruises... Not that your wife will be doing that though!

Edited by MISS BM

If its just for around town then a E46 318i with the M43 engine would be my pick. They are truly slow but get good fuel economy for a heavy car, are reliable and have less potential issues than the 6 cylinders. Possibly easier to sell too.

Thanks Guys, yes looking at a few at the moment, viewed a 1998 e46 328i. Rego on hold, owner is overseas. Asking 4K or near offer. 216Kms on the clock starts up and drives fine but there is a strong burning sort of radiator smell from the vents. Popped the bonnet and no clue what too look for, no glaring oil leaks etc.. need to get it inspected before I make an offer as I don't know if it is anything major off hand. I am not in a hurry as don't want to buy something now and realise in a month the motor needs an overhaul...

^i wouldnt pay 4k for a 1998 e46, over 200ks and rego on hold. Straight pass

Purchased 2000 model Silver E46 330i Msport. VTNZ Wof. Drives well.

Issues:

rocker cover gasket seems to be seeping oil...

alignment needs to be done

needs a proper interior clean and exterior polish. Will add pic once I figure that out..

post-4430-0-96810100-1407289347.png

Edited by Allycat

How much did you end up getting it for? If you don't mind sharing

Hey, 5.5K.its pretty reasonable compared to what other people have been asking for non Msport versions and I spoke to quite a few people over the last two weeks.

Will probably spend another 1K to get everything sorted as it needs Major service and control arm bushes replaced soon and will just use until the new year. Cheers

Thanks.

Wow, awesome score! Thinking of getting one myself in the near future

Good choice as you wont say its a 14 year old car, as what everyone says get one with the best possible service history. Cheers