Sign in to follow this  
mickj

Reserve gear Gong - delete

Hi All,

I've managed to re-code the radio in my '06 130i from Japan to NZ frequencies - with help from Crabstick's post on this forum.

I now want to delete the very annoying reverse gear gong.

I've download traces from all the modules now have the task of working through them to see where I can find the Reverse Gear Gong.

I did find some options on CAPPL, but there must be other modules as the gong is still there in all its glory.

That seems to be the difficult bit with Coding - is finding out how the various modules interact.

Once I work this out, I will post the solution here so others can do the same.

If someone has already gone down this track I'd appreciate any help or pointers.

Cheers, Mick

not familiar with cars as late as yours, but many earlier japanese examples i have had, have had aftermarket systems installed that clip onto the reverse light wiring, maybe take your cover off and see if the wiring has been played with, will be very obvious if it has, its a 2 minute or so check to rule that out in case thats the story.

i may on the other hand be roasted for saying that, but hey, who else is online late on a thursday night to try to help lol

Oh f**k up, If you have nothing f**king useful to add, don't bother posting.

• Like 8

Hi Mick,

I just tried coding the reverse gear gong on an 06 Z4. I could de-select it in the coding software, but it would still gong. Looked through a couple of other useful forums and the suggestion was to pull the wire from the speaker up under the drivers footwell. There are three different plugs going to into my speaker, I tried pulling each one seperately until the reversing gong went away. Worked a treat, still gongs for other warnings which is good.

Hi All,

I've managed to re-code the radio in my '06 130i from Japan to NZ frequencies - with help from Crabstick's post on this forum.

I now want to delete the very annoying reverse gear gong.

I've download traces from all the modules now have the task of working through them to see where I can find the Reverse Gear Gong.

I did find some options on CAPPL, but there must be other modules as the gong is still there in all its glory.

That seems to be the difficult bit with Coding - is finding out how the various modules interact.

Once I work this out, I will post the solution here so others can do the same.

If someone has already gone down this track I'd appreciate any help or pointers.

Cheers, Mick

• Like 1

+1

• Like 1

What's with all the 3pedals hate?

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the replies - and the reserve gears !!! .... yeah typing too quickly for my dislexier to catch up :wacko:

The earlier models had the speaker thing hard-wired like my old 330i '00 model.

The later models are in software.

I dumped traces from all the modules in my 130i and went through each one with NCS Dummy

I've managed to find the setting in CGATE module (this is for the E87 chassis, may be different for others)

Set it to not active and BANG ! .... no more damn gong when selecting Reverse Gear.

Next project is to try get the Bluetooth working

What's with all the 3pedals hate?

I think everyone is getting sick of his (mostly) worthless posts.

• Like 1

Oh get over your selves - It was a light weight bit of Humour , is that not allowed any more

Pales in comparison to some of the totally un reasonable vitriolic and abusive rants from others

Plus it was extra amusing, because of the poor grammar and punctuation :lol:

• Like 1