Sign in to follow this  
qube

NOS'd E46 wagon anyone?

Why do all of that to an auto?

just for sh*ts & giggles?

• Like 1

Why do all of that to an auto WAGON?

Fixed :ph34r: .

Seems odd to put all of that onto a 325i wagon? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Also, is it me or does the cert plate not cover the mods to the injection, ie the NOS? That should be listed on the plate as well shouldn't it?

I've always found nos such a gimmicky addition.

Could have spent that money invested on some permanent power/torque gains instead.

just for sh*ts & giggles?

Giggles, NOS... I see what you did there... :P

• Like 1

Giggles, NOS... I see what you did there... :P

:ph34r: so deep

N2O injection doesnt need to be on cert plate, the car is still naturally aspirated, and besides, N2O injection is legal to posses, but illegal to use0 in New Zealand, just like Laser Jammers

edit: to use on the road i should say

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Depending on the application .. Nitrous can be a good modification. Of course if the funds allowed we would all use mods which were permanent .. but if I was given a budget to exact the most power per dollar .. nitrous would be right up there. Dry shot of 50hp gain just plumb lines. If the driver only needs power on occasion only .. why not? Trying to get 50hp power gain from a 2.5l n/a engine is very expensive. The only other option would be forced induction but with tuning and the need for custom fabrication .. it really is a large investment especially if your driving style is largely commuting or daily driving. Nitrous dry injection is simple and relatively safe. Even moving to a wet shot system is not that much more trouble and then your power gains can be even more.

The concept is great. More oxygen, expansion of liquid to gas increases air density and lowers intake temps to below atmo..

Disregard the stereotypes .. Its a great choice for some .. personally having another 50hp on tap would be heaps of fun but with my driving style it would not suit me I'd end up at where ever you fill those tanks up constantly ;)

Staged wet systems can deliver up to 3000hp on pro drag racing applications .. That is an extreme example.

some of you on here know i was looking at doing it to my V12, it even has ports there you could use. is much more compact than a supercharger/turbocharger or two as well.

It does make sence for the reasons above.

the most common argument for the downside is if you are on the go juice all the time you have to keep filling the tank up.

I guess the people that say that also don't put petrol in thier car???????

a 10lb tank (looks to be the approximate size of the one in the wagon) and also a very common size will last 4-5 minutes continued use at a 50hp flow shot.

had a look for prices for refills, quick google only found me a reference from a few years back saying a 10lb tank refill would be $130. I am assuming the prices have dropped a bit

Plus 24 anodised fittings on a v12 manifold looks sick.