Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Way Better Than the Stock Hood Ornament

Seen this on the web and thought it was at least worth a mention

vice.jpg

Edited by M-Spec
  • Like 2

i should post a picture of my van.......

Great, engineers and designers spend hundreds of hours working out safer designs for a car and then someone goes and sticks that on the front.

Might as well stick a jousting pole on there and have done with it. Almost as bad as those sad bastards that put the old "leaping cat" Jag emblem on their new(ish) Jaguar - there's a bloody reason they don't fit them in the factory any more!!

Great, engineers and designers spend hundreds of hours working out safer designs for a car and then someone goes and sticks that on the front.

Might as well stick a jousting pole on there and have done with it. Almost as bad as those sad bastards that put the old "leaping cat" Jag emblem on their new(ish) Jaguar - there's a bloody reason they don't fit them in the factory any more!!

you know i always wondered how the new cars got away with that, now i know

Rolls Royce have the Spirit of Extasy on a speed sensitive switch that retracts it over 7km/h or something like that

The merc ones are on a spring base (and break off with little pressure anyway).

The thing is though Andy, they shouldn't get away with it, it doesn't meet frontal impact rules and shouldn't be given a WoF. But like a lot of things it's not picked up on.

Probably a bit of a rant, as the first post might be a show only car, and never driven on the road. Plus it is a clever use of some vice grips.

The thing is though Andy, they shouldn't get away with it, it doesn't meet frontal impact rules and shouldn't be given a WoF. But like a lot of things it's not picked up on.

Probably a bit of a rant, as the first post might be a show only car, and never driven on the road. Plus it is a clever use of some vice grips.

i guess its along the lines of a lot of mods, if done well, they look so much like they are original, that only a trainspotter would know, at the other end of the scale but same story, you have E30 M5x swaps, no custom parts needed except and exhaust, its all nuts and bolts, so how would they ever know.

Personally, im more worried about Chinese tyres and blown shocks being legal on our roads than the odd Jag enthusiest retrofitting a leaping cat on the front

• Like 1

You picking on my linglongs andy! Such grip, much control, wow!

• Like 2

i guess its along the lines of a lot of mods, if done well, they look so much like they are original, that only a trainspotter would know, at the other end of the scale but same story, you have E30 M5x swaps, no custom parts needed except and exhaust, its all nuts and bolts, so how would they ever know.

Personally, im more worried about Chinese tyres and blown shocks being legal on our roads than the odd Jag enthusiest retrofitting a leaping cat on the front

This plus 1 year WOF's. Prepare your claim forms. If you survive.

Don't know what you mean Dan, everybody checks their car regularly between warrants to ensure they are in tip top condition. All those cars you see driving around that don't even have correctly functioning lights (which are how easy to check FFS??) are a figment of your imagination.

ok so remembered to take a photo while it was still light outside

this is my hood ornament my guys but on my van lol aparently its me!

0DC1FFE0-ACB8-43A9-9C5B-8A5D90ED06FE_zps

• Like 1