Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

What's the Given I guess?

For BS members, could I have a hands up of those who own (or recently owned) a Manual E46 323/325/328/330? Factory manual, not a conversion..

Whats the approximate given value you would put on one now? If different to what you paid (or sold)

I browse Trade Me regularly to see what the going price is for a manual E46, but their all 318s.. Are there actually many Manuals with more than 2500cc?

I know Dion (Rubix on here) has the manual sister to Schnitzel, but thats only one person Ive come across with one in the last few months.

Insight welcomed :) Just trying to work out market value

Is yours definitely factory manual?

Btw rubix's one is a conversion im pretty sure

• Like 1

Be careful, what cars are listed for on Trade Me does not suggest the market price. There are a lot of dreamers out there.

In my experience, I would say a E46 manual with command a premium of $1k-$2k over an auto if you found the right buyer... In saying that $10k seems to be tops for a non M3 E46 these days

• Like 2

The e30 vert trademe scene is a good example of misleading prices. There was nothing listed for a while, then some tidyish ones appeared for a staggering 9k, which obviously didn't sell.

Few months later some older/rougher ones appeared and based themselves from the existing prices, which is still too much.

So now you see 7 or 8 verts listed pretty high almost for the last 4-5 months with none selling.

Its good for insurance claims, but nothing else really

Insight welcomed :) Just trying to work out market value

Why, thinking of selling yours?

Why, thinking of selling yours?

I have had a few offers, but as said to everyone, not yet complete to sell, still some things to do.

And yes, mine is a factory manual :)

Had a black 328 from South Africa same as yours. Base model with bugger all extras but same kit. No sunroof, ski hole etc.

Wrote it off several years back so no help on value.

• Like 1

Had a black 328 from South Africa same as yours. Base model with bugger all extras but same kit. No sunroof, ski hole etc.

Wrote it off several years back so no help on value.

Lol.. Appreciate the help ;) thanks

The e30 vert trademe scene is a good example of misleading prices. There was nothing listed for a while, then some tidyish ones appeared for a staggering 9k, which obviously didn't sell.

Few months later some older/rougher ones appeared and based themselves from the existing prices, which is still too much.

So now you see 7 or 8 verts listed pretty high almost for the last 4-5 months with none selling.

Its good for insurance claims, but nothing else really

Have noticed this with E34 540's too.

Not sure if this is helpful but over the years ive seen a few 323 328 330 COUPES in manual (not sure if factory or conversion) and usually listed for 12-18k. Of course this price is ludicrous now but they do demand a higher price. In saying that a sedan isnt exactly a sports car per se so i would say about 8k for your cars value. No offence intended just an opinion. It does look very tidy but its a small market and demand for an e46 sedan manual is quite low.

About 10 months ago I sold my black NZ New 1999 manual 328ci for $12k with ~120km and full service history. Was very tidy, with black leather sports seats and 18" BBS RCs.

Yeah mine has a full service history with Team Mc.. Sadly only electronically, but called them to confirm.

Not anything flash done by to be fair, leather interior, factory manual, lowered on Eibachs, tinted windows, clean paint and bodywork, brand new Bmw clutch gone in, and just recently serviced..

Also just gone 170ks and South African import.

Its in my sig picture.

I had a NZ new 99 328ci foctory manual. sold it a couple years ago now for $14k. Had 160k on it.. I retrofited full nav, bluetooth etc.. bloody nice car that I still miss...

a manual is just some much more enjoyable to drive.. !

it seems there was quite a few manual e46 328ci's sold in NZ

I have sitting in the garage, a ZF 6speed box and 90% of all the parts to do a conversion... Im on the fence to do it to my current 330i or get a lesser mileage/nz new/ later E46 (04-ish) or a coupe of course..

From memory, you've only had it a few months? So roughly what you paid for it then?

• Like 1

Brunch: is it the one thats now painted gunmetal grey and for sale in this forum/tm?

From memory, you've only had it a few months? So roughly what you paid for it then?

Would like to factor in the now vs then.

Brand new Clutch. Service. Shoes. Cosmetic Changes. Springs etc.

So no, not what I paid for it ;)

I don't see the value of those sedans sticking around very long regardless of transmission, sure there's always going to be a preference for manual amongst some and that would command a higher price, I doubt that price will be much of a premium soon enough though, at the end of the day the cars getting on and it won't be long till the shape is plentiful and cheap on Trademe.

I personally don't put much in the added value of recent maintenance items on a vehicle like this, maintenance is maintenance is is required anyway, sure it's great to know this and this is new, but soon enough that and that will require attention also. I don't think time is on your side when comparing the now and then of the past, I also don't think cosmetic upgrades will help stave off the pace of devaluation either.

I'd expect the coupe's to hold their value because they're a much more desirable car. It's practically already a classic shape, just needs the 2.8 engine and manual trans..

• Like 1

I regularly see Automatic Sedans 318/320/325 etc sitting at $6500+

I believe I would be fair asking $7500.

I regularly see Automatic Sedans 318/320/325 etc sitting at $6500+I believe I would be fair asking $7500.

Well you have answered your own question then...

• Like 1

Well you have answered your own question then...

Going by those above saying a while ago 8+ was a good market.. Taking into account how long ago that is, and with those on here hating on Sedans, adds to extra mark down...

I would personally think Id be rude/Cheeky asking for anymore

lol. I don't think anyone's hating, just saying they're never as desirable at the coupe variant of the same model. It's been that way forever.

lol. I don't think anyone's hating, just saying they're never as desirable at the coupe variant of the same model. It's been that way forever.

I know :P thats exactly why I bought a coupe, because I thought the Sedans looked ugly.. Mm remind me why I own one, oh right manual.. Or it would have had the sack by now

There must be another couple children in your future, and a marriage to a small independent Pizza shop owner. The sedan will be good for lugging those two things around.. May as well sell the coupe now.

No, different one.

Brunch: is it the one thats now painted gunmetal grey and for sale in this forum/tm?