Sign in to follow this  
HSB

Drivexasperation

today was one of those days... things that make you go <_<:ph34r: as you are minding your own business travelling from A to B.

mine for today: a little silver honda jazz (LSHJ) making a simple turn across 2 lanes of oncoming traffic into a gas station forecourt. with HSB hurtling toward them at a blazing 35km/h LSHJ decides to turn in. all going fine until LSHJ sees HSB. and STOPS. 2/3 already in HSB's lane. stationary. and waits.

....urggghkklhkhhkllfdghjtlk

any one else have experiences such as this gem on a day to day basis like me?

/rant.

(also don't know how i got to speaking third person but indulge me)

She's a living night mare on New Zealand road's mate how many of these issues do you want?

Sits in middle of right lane double carriage then turns left missed his turn off

Truck and trailer pulls out of drive way turns right cutting off on coming traffic and 3 other vehicles in the lane he wants. When straightened up uses half of medium section to travel 80 odd mtrs to turn right into another drive way.

Push bikers riding four abreast

The old favorite travel at 88kph until you come to a passing lane and then speed up too 100 odd so no one can pass when lane finishes slow down to 88 again.

• Like 4

To add to the already miserable experience of using the motorways (ie complete and utter dribbling morons who sit in the right hand lane for no reason, usually doing 85 - 90 kph), 2nd on my list of pet peeves are people who either move in to the left most lane, or are already in it, just as an on ramp joins the motorway.

And these total dildos carry on as if there are no cars trying to merge on to the motorway and are seemingly surprised to see said bunch of cars trying to merge quite normally. A lot of drivers seem to have no thought past the end of their own bonnets and this is a prime example.

• Like 1

"No thought past the end of their own bonnets" - very well put!

It is these kinds of inconsiderate driving that annoy people, contribute to traffic jams and cause accidents.

If drivers in NZ were more thoughtful (I mean how hard is it to not block a junction when the lights change??) traffic would be so much better.

Peace man.

• Like 2

"No thought past the end of their own bonnets" - very well put!

It is these kinds of inconsiderate driving that annoy people, contribute to traffic jams and cause accidents.

If drivers in NZ were more thoughtful (I mean how hard is it to not block a junction when the lights change??) traffic would be so much better.

Peace man.

Too true Jon.

It's the inconsideration that sends me wild. I don't care if anyone wants to drive at 80 or 90 or whatever else they feel confident doing, just be condsiderate to everyone else. It's really not that difficult.

I could write a whole book on this I think.

At the moment one of my rages (that hasn't already been mentioned) are the rotten swine that scoot past the traffic queue in a turning lane, then merge back into the traffic down the road.

Mostly happens in Wellington heading towards the terrace tunnel, they'll take the Willis st lane and cut across at the lights. Dangerous, annoying and only holds up the traffic more. For some reason it usually happens in moderate traffic, so there's still good flow. They maybe only save 20 secs at best, beats me why they do it. Sheer arrogance in my opinion.

Yesterday a white Lexus did it and I'll be damned if I didn't consider putting 1.6 tonnes of German bumper against the side of their car. That's one thing I like about the e32, bumpers that bump. Those meaty plastic shields have had a few scrapes by dullards with no concept of spatial awareness over the years. Mostly car parks or someone attempting to cut across a few lanes in traffic. Grab $2-50 cash off the offending driver, light sand, plastic paint and she's as good as new :D

Modern bumpers are sleek but if you use them they crumple and scratch.

Edited by Auzeras
  • Like 4

Too true Jon.

It's the inconsideration that sends me wild. I don't care if anyone wants to drive at 80 or 90 or whatever else they feel confident doing, just be condsiderate to everyone else. It's really not that difficult.

Tbh I drive in a fairly "aggessive" manner, but then I am driving a new model Bimmer so I really don't want to ruin peoples pre-conceived ideas of BMW drivers.

HOWEVER, I also read the traffic and predict what is going to happen, let people merge, pull out, etc. rather than completely ignore them so I can spend more time on my iPhone, doing make-up or eating my noodles.

• Like 1

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed people running red lights blatantly a lot more in recent times (past year or so)?

(I won't even start complaining about anything else because it'll never end).

Edited by M M

I run red lights every day... but treat them like stop signs first.

Also, I have invented a move I like to call the reverse tail gate.

Yeah, loads of people running reds, especially trucks, completely f#$ks up the flow of the traffic as the other direction get about 5secs on green once they get through, which isn't long enough for the woman at the front to put her phone down and make the car go anywhere...

Reverse tailgaiting? Is that the technique of driving in the boot of the car in front at 60km but then stopping 20 metres behind them at traffic lights? (Very common in East Aucks).

It's the chrismas madness out there at the moment,

one of the hotspots and my pet peeevvve is the Mt Wellington over bridge , both sides, people going up the inside indicating then moving over holding up the flow.

Its an old bridge, motorway goes from 3 lanes to 2 lanes over the bridge then back to 3.

i hate the f wits who sit in the outside lane for 10 km then merge left only 100 metres before their exit forcing every car in the queue to brake a bit....this ripple nearly stops the traffic 20 cars back

• Like 1

I run red lights every day... but treat them like stop signs first.

I can't disagree with doing that if you can clearly see that there are no cars coming from anywhere but I've seen so many people go through intersections that are full of cars, well after it's gone red.

Edited by M M

A mate who visited here and drove the entire length of the country on holiday once said to me: "can't design them, can't build them and can't drive on them!"

Driving isn't rocket science but for some it may as well be!

• Like 1

Reverse tailgaiting? Is that the technique of driving in the boot of the car in front at 60km but then stopping 20 metres behind them at traffic lights? (Very common in East Aucks).

No. You are passing people on the motorway at say 105kph, then come up behind 4-7 car cluster f**k being held up by a lead lemming... so, you put your Ninja mask on and sniper them out with a swerve in front of them from the inside. This is a dangerous move and not fair on the tailgating lemmings just sitting behind him... but its immensely pleasing when they loose their sh*t and freak out.

Wake the f**k up and get real people, its a passing lane, if you are not passing, get the f**k out of it and if you cant handle your car, get off the road.

This move also works well on people who speed up to block you out on either the motorway or passing lanes, guarantied they will jam on their brakes and take a good few seconds to figure out what just happened, like a dazzled possum.

Yes I am an arshole. I apologize if it was your mum driving.

• Like 6

At the moment one of my rages (that hasn't already been mentioned) are the rotten swine that scoot past the traffic queue in a turning lane, then merge back into the traffic down the road.

Mostly happens in Wellington heading towards the terrace tunnel, they'll take the Willis st lane and cut across at the lights. Dangerous, annoying and only holds up the traffic more. For some reason it usually happens in moderate traffic, so there's still good flow. They maybe only save 20 secs at best, beats me why they do it. Sheer arrogance in my opinion.

Yesterday a white Lexus did it and I'll be damned if I didn't consider putting 1.6 tonnes of German bumper against the side of their car. That's one thing I like about the e32, bumpers that bump. Those meaty plastic shields have had a few scrapes by dullards with no concept of spatial awareness over the years. Mostly car parks or someone attempting to cut across a few lanes in traffic. Grab $2-50 cash off the offending driver, light sand, plastic paint and she's as good as new :D

Modern bumpers are sleek but if you use them they crumple and scratch.

i promise i do not do this my drive to work every morning...i do however sometimes do it around basin reserve on the inside lane, heading towards newtown.... :ph34r::lol:

It's the chrismas madness out there at the moment,

one of the hotspots and my pet peeevvve is the Mt Wellington over bridge , both sides, people going up the inside indicating then moving over holding up the flow.

Its an old bridge, motorway goes from 3 lanes to 2 lanes over the bridge then back to 3.

totally agree - used to drive me insane during the 5.30pm slog home... it makes waiting in either of the proper two lanes feel so un-worthwhile

i hate the f wits who sit in the outside lane for 10 km then merge left only 100 metres before their exit forcing every car in the queue to brake a bit....this ripple nearly stops the traffic 20 cars back

this. so much this.

harbour bridge,

elaboration :P

christmas advice. please. just. pick. a. lane.

Asian ( 7 separate times I've seen this they have been Asian, its an observation not a racist statement ) superfamilies who buy 2x Brand new SUVs to drive around Central Otago, Man - Drives slow but consistent, Wife behind - Drives slow and swerves all over the road then slows down to 35kph for every 70kph corner AND THEN THEY f**kING DRIVE NEXT TO EACH OTHER ON PASSING LANES! These people need to be put in prison.

Edited by pldubs
  • Like 1

I followed a similar kind of person driving a similar kind of vehicle through the burbs towards Milford one morning. For about 2 kilometers they achieved a maximum speed of 25kph, and slowed at every intesection joining the main road we were on and all but stopped at one of them for no reason. Then when we arrive at a traffic light controlled main intesection severe indecision reigned surpeme. Finally a lane was selected and we progressed through. Heading out of this busy intersection and into the busy main street of Milford she starts veering to the right, so I assumed (wrongly) that she was going to turn right into a side road. How silly of me! She then drives up the wrong side of the road until she gets to the pedestrian crossing outside (with safety islands in the middle of the road) the New World. I'm now along side her giving it loads on the horn. She is now on the crossing and decides that maybe she hasn't quite got it right so then turns right angles to the road and drives across the crossing! Now she's behind me at the red lights. So I jumped out, ran up to her door, wrenched it open (much to her surprise) and give her a serious ear bashing. To which she replies "Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry". My parting shot was "You need to pull your car over and stop driving right now, because you're sh*t!"

I should have grabbed the keys and thrown them away.

• Like 4

You do seriously wonder how some of these drivers have a licence..

As a motorcyclist I have to be well aware of what's going on around me. And I get to see a hell of a lot more nonsense than if I was in a car.

So these are the things I would like to see people start using whilst driving.

1: Their indicators

2: Their mirrors

3: Their brains!

I would also like to see people stop using these things.

1: Their phones.

2: Their god damned phones!!!

• Like 3

What's wrong with so many drivers on Kiwi roads? Inconsideration - already covered - and a complete and utter lack of awareness of anything going on around them.

Despite efforts of media and police, there's a huge number of people driving around with a phone either glued to their ear (and often, making notes while talking and driving), or with their phone held alongside the steering wheel so they can text and (apparently) watch the road at the same time.

And...

Naah. That'll do for now.

Edited by gjm

Just an observation.

Maybe the rules have changed but I was under the impression that you are supposed to signal when entering or exiting the motorway?

Have noticed the last year or so that half the drivers on the road do not see it as necessary. Its rude and you suck.

Also, the drivers who don't indicate when turning in the outside lane of a double turning lane that has the option of going straight. This one really grates me, they are normally the same people who cut the inside lane at the same time... I have to go to the trouble of running wide and getting 1cm from your door, it takes a bit of precision driving and is a great challenge, and I do love seeing you temperately loosing your sh*t and getting all dazzled, but it would be much easier for you to simply indicate and let us all know what you are doing.

Lastly. Do you really need a large Ute? I mean, you live in Auckland and work in an office, cant you just get a tow ball for the three times a year you actually need to haul something? Seems Utes are the new SUV.

Pukka Tukka mother Fukka.

• Like 2

Holidays are over, all the f$%ktards have returned from causing mayhem all over the countryside to the mean streets of Auckland. Lack of idiots on the road and traffic in general almost makes it worth staying here over the holidays!

• Like 1

It may be short-lived.

Anyone else noticed how the pump price of fuel has started to drop again, following a seasonal 'spike'?