Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Price check - e39 540

After driving my brothers e60 525 around over new years, I remembered how much I liked the 5 series however it definitely needs a v8. V8 e60s are still out of my price range but found this http://www.trademe.co.nz/828872438

What are peoples thoughts on price? Doesnt have a towbar however thats more of a nice to have rather than a necessity.

The price seems ok to me, facelift, Motorsport Kit, 540i, its the model to get.

Hopefully its got some service history, you would want to check it out well too.

Edited by Charles32

I'm heading down to Dunedin in a week so thought I might drop in see it. He says he has serviced regularly but I guess a check up will reveal all.

looks like an awesome car for the price if it checks out. certainly has all the boxes ticked.

black, msport, facelift, nice wheels, leather interior, widescreen tv unit, msport steering wheel, and most importantly v8.

kms getting a bit up there but what do u expect. its 14 years old now haha

I`ve been looking at these as well and let`s face it, petrol is getting cheaper. However most of the e39 540`s on Trademe have been on there for months. I`ll bet you could burgle a good one for a lot less than the Ashburton car, that`s just the way the market views them unfortunately.At those prices I`m worried I`ll have a few too many one night and hit the `Buy now` button, then wake up the next morning realising that i`ve got one E39 too many....

• Like 1

I'm heading down to Dunedin in a week so thought I might drop in see it. He says he has serviced regularly but I guess a check up will reveal all.

When exactly are you down? We're having a meet next sat arvo if you wanna stop by?

When exactly are you down? We're having a meet next sat arvo if you wanna stop by?

Im actually coming down Waitangi weekend for a mates 30th and Nitro Circus. Can't keep track of weeks this time of year.

Will see what we are up to as would love to check out those Rs'

To me it seems like a lot of money for a 14 year old jap import with 180kms...

At the end of the day, its worth whatever you feel comfortable paying