Sign in to follow this  
handgrenade

E36 M3 Evo Coupe 12.5k?

wow thats dropped a fair bit. Its been on there for ages at about 14K.

Lovely colour and spec. NZDM too.

Even has a gt/ltw wing!!!

those fuel economy stats are better than mine! broken vanos and no tune must really make a difference!

• Like 1

I test drove this car on my M3 search, it's not bad, seems un-abused, suspension , body interior ok for age , though felt down on power compared to others. Seller is straight up guy and realistic so I recommend having a look if anyone is looking for an Evo. Yep I love that wing! Took a photo of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this proof E36 M3s aren't increasing in value?

Is there any trend with them at the moment or is it too early to say?

/cries softly in the corner. Mine used to be techno

Fail. Should bash whoever changed from TV to Silver. Silver is so boring!

Fail. Should bash whoever changed from TV to Silver. Silver is so boring!

Apparently an older Italian gentleman. Pros and cons. All panels and seals were straightened and replaced etc. Pretty comprehensive job done .. The only place I can see techno so far is if I take the license plate lights out. Everything else was resprayed. Everything. Edited by handgrenade

Hey guys, my mate has been speaking with this guy and they came to a deal which was subject to inspection at TMBMW. That was completed...... Put it this way, it's still for sale!

He realised it was purple...

• Like 2

Come on spill the beans, whats up with it. A mate is thinking of flying to Auckland to look at it, might be nice if he didnt have to wast money and time.

Tm believe there is 6k of work to bring it up to spec (for its age, not of a new car) pm me your email and I will forward on inspection sheet. Basically the vanos is stuffed and therefore lacking power, head gasket gone, sump gasjet gone, power steering hoses all leaking and a few other things which would need more investigation. I have viewed and driven it on behalf. Tell your mate to call me 021620633

If the head gasket and vanos is stuffed, budget 12-15k.... S series engines are expensive

12-15k to replace vanos with brand new which is pointless not only because you will still end up with a dodgy vanos but because you can buy kits and install for $1500 which will last longer than a brand new one.

If the head gasket and vanos is stuffed, budget 12-15k.... S series engines are expensive

Brand new vanos unit runs around 4 k last time I checked

Yep I drove that car and figured the vanos needed refresh with the kits, that's pretty normal at that kms. I suspect they mean valve cover gasket leaking oil, not head gasket? Also the repair estimate is dealer price... If u take it to Ross at BM workshop you'd get a realistic idea, he's close and I understand he's worked on that car in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very interesting to hear about the result of the mech inspection though, thanks for sharing that.

I advised my mate to call Ross as the car was close to him and I knew he had worked in it. I believe he did, Not sure of end result though. It's still a good car but the guy either needs to fix the more simple things or lower to a price that reflects the work needed. My M3 is immaculate in comparison and has little to no maintenance required and I feel that I'd probably get about 12 for it based on recent sales. So he may be looking at 8-10 before someone will buy it. If you a BMW mechanic then it may be a very cheap nz new evo!

Very interesting to hear about the result of the mech inspection though, thanks for sharing that.

I think you're probably right there Richard, seems quite a gap between asking and what cars eventually move for at the moment.

I got the black high KM 3.0 Coupe last month (asking 11.5) for the lower end of the range you mentioned because it needs quite a bit of work and owner going overseas. It worked for me because I needed to replace a lot of these things for track prep anyway. A nice Dakar 3.0 coupe in Wellington I looked at with good track prep done went for between 15 and 16k in January, which surprised me given how slow the market has been but the seller had done some excellent work on the car and presented it really well. I probably should have got that car and saved a lot of work as I'll probably be spending that total budget on my cheapie M3 by time I've finished. I'd love to see your cars sometime, I'll try and make the next coffee catch-up.