Sign in to follow this  
handgrenade

Whoa BMW M 535i 1985

might as well get that E36 M3!!

Very nice car though. Never met a person who doesn't like the E28's. Don't see many around though.

Has been on trade me for awhile. I think the price is right, just not a huge market for it

since you went there, a hard decision between that an an E36 M3 i think

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_
  • Like 1

I'm not really an E36 fan. Not sure why. They just don't 'do it' for me. Nice cars, and quite likely great to drive.

But the E28 is iconic. Love it. Really enjoyed watching the chase in Octopussy (although that wasn't a M535i).

I'm not really an E36 fan. Not sure why. They just don't 'do it' for me. Nice cars, and quite likely great to drive.

But the E28 is iconic. Love it. Really enjoyed watching the chase in Octopussy (although that wasn't a M535i).

i agree. E36 are nice cars, but lacking the wow factor, its the build quality that let them down the most, now it is very hard to find a good example. Easier to find tidy E30 etc, and E46 and E39 at the same price level, its no wonder they are struggling to get $1k now

E28 in the other hand, essentially an E30 with room for 4 adults. Cool. Though that colour doesn't float my boat like it does for E30

E36s get a lot of hate, especially the M3. People consider it a 'bridge' car between the iconic E30 M3 and the world wide distributed (North American Market) E46 M3.

But there is a reason behind it all .. the E36 chassis and body panels are the first time when BMW actually started further development into proper aerodynamics .. there is a BMW youtube video which explains this.

Still .. sad the E36 M3 never got some over flares and special bonnet and grilles etc. Very understated car which suits some and turns others off.

Can't complain about the drivetrain though. Many regard the S50B32 to be a very advanced engine for not only its time, but in general .. even after close to 20 years

• Like 1

Never met a person who doesn't like the E28's.

Now you have.

Rather an E36.

my mate a had a nz new white M535i a few years back , not my fav colouor , but this one had black shadow chrome and black leather.

was much nicer looking than this UK car ..

yes they are great cars , still prefer to drive mine all over the country than most other cars.

s50b32 engine was based on the m88 s38 engines similar engine designs but just in a shorter smaller package andf without the big torque :)

my mate a had a nz new white M535i a few years back , not my fav colouor , but this one had black shadow chrome and black leather.

was much nicer looking than this UK car ..

yes they are great cars , still prefer to drive mine all over the country than most other cars.

s50b32 engine was based on the m88 s38 engines similar engine designs but just in a shorter smaller package andf without the big torque :)

I thought the s50b32 was based off s70/2 tech? Dual vanos and the like ..