Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

YES! M73 w/ITBs and custom ECU

Ha! Not for mine - would be good for Alan Ferguson's M8 replica though. I believe the M8 prototype had an S70 with ITBs. Pretty cool project though and great to put a proper engine in that Corvette!

Looks great with the ITBs. Pity he hasn't done a proper clip of the induction noise though. Be interesting to hear it at WOT under load.

Interesting to note the original engine it once had was a LS5 454ci V8 producing 390 hp and 680 N·m :o

How about this then?

i want to see that project one month further down the line!!!

Been looking at efihardware.com for a smaller scale project. Reckon they'd go well on a BMW engine. Prices are aren't too bad either.

This is very interesting... http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2160655-850Ci-with-M70B54-dyno-run

Few people around that know more about the E31 than Wolf Ganssauge - better known as Wokke. His V2 chipset for the M70 is stonking but this project is really cool - an M70b54: M73 5.4L block with M70 cylinder heads so he can use Schrick cams, plus a custom exhaust and he's pumping out 386bhp at the crank... 9bhp more than a stock 850csi with the 5.6L S70.

This'll be a true autobahn-eater with the 4hp24 but a manual would be better suited to our roads.

Something to think about for us M70 owners!

Edited by jeffbebe