Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

Who has an E38?

A rather tidy 740i pre facelift was parked outside work today and it hit me how good they look.

Just curious to see what members have an E38? I know theres a few now.

Post a pic of yours if you can!

I have one......it's called granddads slipper and it is an awesome cruiser - had it 9 years......that tells you something.post-2431-0-90795400-1425056598_thumb.jp

• Like 4

I've had my E38 for 8 years now. It doesn't get much use now days but it's still a joy when I do decide to take it out of the garage.

3048863915_50e3eb6131_z.jpg

I am thoroughly enjoying mine and its just a 728i. many would argue its the best 7 to own, great looks before they started looking wierd, yet still not too much electronic wizardry to fail. very nice to drive.

Personal preferance probably, but i think the SWB is the better looker

• Like 3

I am thoroughly enjoying mine and its just a 728i. many would argue its the best 7 to own, great looks before they started looking wierd, yet still not too much electronic wizardry to fail. very nice to drive.

Personal preferance probably, but i think the SWB is the better looker

+1 on the SWB Andy.

With your history on conversions should I wait for you to do the first e38 V12 conversion and then when you have the bugs sorted I'll do mine.. With a bit of help from you...lol

Edited by kulgan

Scored an E38 728i 2000,Titanium Silver, only done 107,000k , for $2800. Full of goodies, awesome cruiser, economical as well, 37mpg on a trip. Photos to follow

• Like 2

Scored an E38 728i 2000,Titanium Silver, only done 107,000k , for $2800.

Barsteward!

That's a lot of car, for not much money.

My Mrs thinks they're ugly.

She's insured though :ph34r:

Bargain!

Haha, deary me! Ugly as apposed to what? :P

I dunno... There are worse things around - I offered to get her a V8 Caprice or Statesman, but she said NO WAY - they're REALLY ugly. so they must be somewhere between them, and the E39 - coz she's OK with that.

Edited by Allanw
  • Like 1

heres my old one 95 730i "the baby v8"

such a goddamn comfortable car to drive when driving ! (like driving a plush leather loungeset)

spent somewhere between 2-3k trying to fix a shuddering idle issue when braked at the lights after driving...

which lead me to selling it... fuel consumption was never really a worry as the 730 is a little less than a 740 & it was purely a recreational car as have work vehicle gas paid etc..

problem is with the e38s is bmw really went to town with alot of electrical components and whatnot meaning multiple expensive problems to fix in the future etc..

you can pick them up relatively cheap now a days as they dont seem to be that sort after because of how thirsty they are i guess??

In my opinion if you can find a late model low kms with everything working as it should, tidy example then go for it they really are a pleasure to drive if you dont mind the petrol bill...

post-52465-0-80034300-1430206011.jpg

post-52465-0-56916800-1430206036.jpg

post-52465-0-04945600-1430206059_thumb.j