Sign in to follow this  
_BRS_

WTB: GETRAG 420G 6 Speed Gearbox

Hey guys, as per title im after a Getrag 420g 6 Speed Gearbox. I know these are pretty rare and hard to find, but you never know what might be hiding around. Next best bet would be ebay, but trying to source one locally/ in NZ.

Cheers Blair

There is one on Trademe at the moment from an e36 m3. Ray probabley has one or 5 lying around too ;)

Think he wants a v8 one? Ray was advertising them for a while I think

yeah sorry should have mentioned to suit M6X engine. Yeah have been talking to Ray and Sam but no luck atm.

Have you tried Kayne Barrie at KBM, he might have one, or know of one for sale?

Have you tried Kayne Barrie at KBM, he might have one, or know of one for sale?

will message him, cheers

Dan Slater at Slater Fabrication had a few big boxes he was going to use. Might sell. Otherwise ebay mate. Can get them landed for just over $1k

Hi Blair - I have the E36 M3 box on Trademe. It may be possible to cut and shut the bellhousing - probably graft on the front bit of an Autobox. Kayne Barrie will have some idea of whether this can be done or not.

Cheers

Richard

I have a package of M62 parts and would prefer to sell it as a package. It includes the engine, 6 speed manual gearbox, drive shaft, diff cradle and diff plus the rear hubs. Will have to check what else is there.

I have a package of M62 parts and would prefer to sell it as a package. It includes the engine, 6 speed manual gearbox, drive shaft, diff cradle and diff plus the rear hubs. Will have to check what else is there.

pm'd

Hi Blair

Not sure if you are still looking for bits here, but spotted this on Race Cars in Sheds. A firm in the UK makes adapter plates for BMW V8's to the 6 cylinder boxes. Just 250 quid. https://www.facebook.com/ErgenLtd?fref=photo. I still have the M3 box for sale.

Cheer

Richard.

I have a uuc dssr and short shift kit for the 6 speed box if you end up getting one

Hi Blair

Not sure if you are still looking for bits here, but spotted this on Race Cars in Sheds. A firm in the UK makes adapter plates for BMW V8's to the 6 cylinder boxes. Just 250 quid. https://www.facebook.com/ErgenLtd?fref=photo. I still have the M3 box for sale.

Cheer

Richard.

Cheers, will keep that in mind, ideally want to find one to suit the m6x engines, do it once and do it right kinda thing.

Bump, currently looking on ebay but not much around.

Check your Ebay settings. As there is a few on there.

Ran into this issue before. Sign up and make sure you default address and location is the US.

A couple of people are dreaming though.

Nice. Keep us updated with the swap

will do, i have a project thread, just collecting atm.