Sign in to follow this  
335e91

Greeting from a new member

Hi All, I am a new member in this forum and I have just bought my 2008 335i E91 Msports with super low ks 28000k .

I have just remapped the ECU, 42kw, 85nm gains though the remapped. I need some advices from you guys about what some other basic modifications could be done to make it a bit faster:) JB4 is mentioned so many times, can someone explain to me why so many people are using it and where to order and who can get it installed. i am thinking to get a FMIC , any brand to recommend and where to get it and is there a place you guys could recommend to get it installed.

Sorry for throwing so many newbie questions to you guys ! Much appreciated your help! I will post up some photos of my car when the weather is good:)

Many thanks

Edited by 335e91
  • Like 2

Welcome, I'm no E91 expert but you'll find plenty of help I'm sure from all

• Like 1

Hi All, I am a new member in this forum and I have just bought my 2008 335i E91 Msports with super low ks 28000k .

I have just remapped the ECU, 42kw, 85nm gains though the remapped. I need some advices from you guys about what some other basic modifications could be done to make it a bit faster:) JB4 is mentioned so many times, can someone explain to me why so many people are using it and where to order and who can get it installed. i am thinking to get a FMIC , any brand to recommend and where to get it and is there a place you guys could recommend to get it installed.

Sorry for throwing so many newbie questions to you guys ! Much appreciated your help! I will post up some photos of my car when the weather is good:)

Many thanks

Congrats on the buy! Can't wait to see pics :D

It really depends on what you are aiming for with your car ,

Basically you want to get to FBO (full bolt on) (http://blog.modbargains.com/5-ways-to-full-bolt-ons-for-bmw-n54/)

Kinda curious on this remap , what are you using?

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the info! And the remap was done by Superchips ( red file )which claims the above mentioned gains. I will find out through a dyno. And I do feel some noticeable engine response. I will take some photos of my car on my days off. I have done a few things on my car just for the look:) lol

Congrats on the buy! Can't wait to see pics :D

It really depends on what you are aiming for with your car ,

Basically you want to get to FBO (full bolt on) (http://blog.modbargains.com/5-ways-to-full-bolt-ons-for-bmw-n54/)

Kinda curious on this remap , what are you using?

Thanks a lot for the info! And the remap was done by Superchips ( red file )which claims the above mentioned gains. I will find out through a dyno. And I do feel some noticeable engine response. I will take some photos of my car on my days off. I have done a few things on my car just for the look:) lol

Ouch. That much latent power makes me weep. If I could get 50% of that through a remap I'd be beside myself.

Thanks mate, yeah I will find out on a dyno.:)

Welcome btw.

oh so they are chip claims, not dyno proof, that changes the story some what.

I had a chip in my old E30, didnt notice any difference what so ever.

and there is a video on MCM on youtube about them, just some wires and a resistor to trick OEM sensor or something like that.

oh so they are chip claims, not dyno proof, that changes the story some what.

I had a chip in my old E30, didnt notice any difference what so ever.

and there is a video on MCM on youtube about them, just some wires and a resistor to trick OEM sensor or something like that.

I will get it on a dyno and let you guys know:)

Welcome.

First thing I would be doing is a LSD. Power is useless if you can't put it down.

• Like 1

I'd take that gain with a grain of salt , all the tuners i talked too in NZ apart from Gavin@Hi-Velocity did not impress me with their tuning procedure/tunes/claims

I would take a pre-dyno with your car as stock so you have a baseline that you can compare too once you start modding the car

As I need the ability to change maps based on fuel - this is one of the main reasons I went with a overseas product instead of getting Gavin to do a tune for me

Welcome.

First thing I would be doing is a LSD. Power is useless if you can't put it down.

:D

so true and also get rid of the crappy run flats and get some performance tyres

Welcome.

True! Anywhere to recommend to get it done?

I'd take that gain with a grain of salt , all the tuners i talked too in NZ apart from Gavin@Hi-Velocity did not impress me with their tuning procedure/tunes/claims

I would take a pre-dyno with your car as stock so you have a baseline that you can compare too once you start modding the car

As I need the ability to change maps based on fuel - this is one of the main reasons I went with a overseas product instead of getting Gavin to do a tune for me

:D

so true and also get rid of the crappy run flats and get some performance tyres

Booked in with Gavin to see if the remapped match what it says it should get:) and where can I get a aftermarket intercooler and a good place to fit it?

Booked in with Gavin to see if the remapped match what it says it should get:) and where can I get a aftermarket intercooler and a good place to fit it?

Ture like 19s deepdish, still on stock painted in Matt black ,

True! Anywhere to recommend to get it done?

Quaife sell the diffs, they are Christchurch, company is called Palsied, I have brought Diffs off them and the service was great.

Anyone can install them.

http://www.n54tuning.com/

Had all my mods installed @ Bmworkshop Botany

Edited by mod335

And Mod335's car goes hard.

If it were me, I would take it where ever Suresh has, that way you know you are dealing with people who have done the work and know what is involved. They will be able to install stuff twice as fast without breaking trim etc..

• Like 2

http://www.n54tuning.com/

Thanks a lot for sharing the Info! I will probably order the intercooler from the website. Is that what you are using on your car?

Had all my mods installed @ Bmworkshop Botany

Diffs = Kayne Barrie Motorsport, give him a call.

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Congrats on the new wagon looks great! Looks like aftermarket lights and bumper too with some carbon fibre? Do you know where they are from?

A photo of my car taken by cellphone

Looks pretty mint! , just need to get it to sit lower with some nice wheels :D

• Like 1

How can you tell its had Alpina flash? I need to do this myself

How can you tell its had Alpina flash? I need to do this myself

Owner PM'd me about getting the flash done @bmworkshop

Looks pretty mint! , just need to get it to sit lower with some nice wheels :D

Yea bro, need to get 19 deepdish ey, so many things need to be done:) and the alpina flash is just amazing! Very happy abt it!