Sign in to follow this  
KwS

740i motorsport

Doesnt come up often, a genuine motorsport spec 740i. Needs some love and some money spent but looks like a good base. Id be all over it if it were local but too much of a risk for me to take.

Love the half leather alcantara seats and dark wood.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-948631356.htm

Probably the perfect E38 For spec IMHO

yip no doubt needs some love but could be a great buy, Dave another to add to the collection LOL

• Like 1

Oh Gawd. Dont tempt me.. ha ha

Nice looking sport. Though I'm not feeling his price.

+1 on the price. i asked some further questions, and the seller just got back to me on it. The term "electrical niggles" might be an understatement for it.

Its such a shame, perfect spec, low km and beautiful colour.

iinteresting history on car jam too, either its an import recorded incorrectly, or it really did sit on a yard in NZ here for some 5 years before being registered

personally dont like the colour matched bumper bits that are usually chrome, but im sure that appeals to others!

• Like 1

I saw it as well, seems nice, but due to my personal hate in black interiors I was put off...

its defs a jap import, i guess carjam cant tell the difference when it re-registered.

iinteresting history on car jam too, either its an import recorded incorrectly, or it really did sit on a yard in NZ here for some 5 years before being registered

personally dont like the colour matched bumper bits that are usually chrome, but im sure that appeals to others!

Was called shadowline and was a feature on the sports.

I dont mind it so much on the Imola red. But generally I'm not a fan either.

17caef46pju9ajpg.jpg

i like it a lot, i hate chrome on modern cars. Shadowline is where its at.

Ive replied saying i wouldnt pay anywhere near their asking price. Will see what happens. If by some magic they dropped it by a couple of grand, we may be getting somewhere.

not feeling that imola car either im sorry!

tho the 17s and the monster truck ride height arent doing it any favours.

+1 on the price. i asked some further questions, and the seller just got back to me on it. The term "electrical niggles" might be an understatement for it.

Its such a shame, perfect spec, low km and beautiful colour.

If you dont mind me asking.

What are the "electrical niggles"?

So its got the obvious DSC light on, also check tail lights, check brake lights, check washer fluid, check coolant level.

On top of that, radio/monitor doesnt work. heated seats dont work. none of the little green lights on the climate control work although the buttons change functions, PDC sensors missing, and sunroof not working.

May need tyres (can see in pics one rear is the spare, the actual tyre makes a "flapping" noise when driving), the headlining is sagging in the rear, and no service history.

Its a steal.

For the money they want, yip pricey.

Not a project I'd want to tackle.

That asking price is delusional with those issues.

Not a project I'd want to tackle.

That asking price is delusional with those issues.

Dead right. Looks like it'd be a good source of parts to tart up another car, but that'd be it for me.

Still want those wheels for wife's car though!!

• Like 1

If his price was closer to 2.5-3k it might be worth buying and fixing.

Sports aren't that common in NZ and I believe that only the euro spec cars came in a short sport. The Americans never got these. All their sports are long wheel base il's.(I think) I'll have to look that one up tonight. Working the night shift is good for something at least. Watching tv and reading about bimmers online... :ph34r:

Nice color and the wood package is rare too.

Shame about his exorbitant price.

Edited by kulgan
  • Like 2

Offer him 1500 quid and a $20 bottle of plonk. Bout all its worth in current state.

Motorsport E38s are a bit of an oxymoron really. I can't imagine there'd be a huge market for one locally, however rare & unusual it may be.

Still, shame to see one turn up in such a state of disrepair!

I'm pretty sure that I looked at this one about 3 years ago. At that point it was well cared for, but had taken a decent whack to the front. Broken front bumper, radiator and associated damage from what looked like a low speed nose-to-tail. It looks like someone picked it up cheap, fixed it cheaply and then continued to run it down until it got too hard to keep. It's a pity as it's was a really nice spec and low Kms. But that doesn't count for much now.

^Yes, was going to say that this car looks like it's been in a nose to tail with the bumpers coming from one that had PDC onto a car that did not.

^Yes, was going to say that this car looks like it's been in a nose to tail with the bumpers coming from one that had PDC onto a car that did not.

According to the build list for this car it did come with PDC.

Edited by kulgan

If they weren't smashed in the nose to tail they're probably pushed back into the body so they're not flapping in the breeze.