Sign in to follow this  
Ugan

Neuton NT5000 cant balance

Has anyone had experience with this tyre had them fitted a while back by mag and turbo. No issues recently sent my car in for wheel alignment and balance wheels and the car has never been the same again. Vibration ag the wheel is aweful, took it back to Ellerslie automotive . They say its a cheap tyre and will never balance correctly. Is this correct?

Did they tell you when you first collected the car that they were unable to balance the wheel?

No, I had to take it back to recheck. The tyres have done 8000km, will just book back with mag and turbo. I understand they are budget tyres but no good after so low kms is suspect.

Have neutons on the work car, balance up fine. Guy Must be poor at balancing tyres

Head to Bridgestone out the back and under John Andrew Ford in Newton ask for Blake or Liam and say Bishops sent you. They have a road force balance machine and know how to use it... I find it very unlikely that your tyres are not balancable.

Thanks for the advice guys, Glen standard bmw 17inch wheels on the car. Is that hub centric?

try moving the tyre 180 degrees on the rim and then try to balance.

Yes you are correct steering wheel angle is out as well.

I'd go get it done by the people i suggested, after they've done it correctly go back to the original place with the readout they provide and get your money back. There's no place for cowboys in this industry.

I got the car wheel alignment and balancing done today at mag n turbo, the place where I originally purchased the tyres. Took some time out of my day but the difference is night and day. Steering dead straight, no steering vibration. Really happy with the result.

Ellerslie automotive response from their staff is unless I get a mainstream tyre brand, I will get the same result. No refund, just moved on now but awful service and workmanship.