Sign in to follow this  
eliongater

Thoughts on this e36 323i

My friend is looking at swapping his Nissan Pulsar for this e36

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-964499600.htm

What are your thoughts on it? All I see is a low km non msport auto 323i. But even that is still probably better than a pulsar :P

It does have sport seats and msport suspension though.

Thanks

nothing special, and to me ringing alarm bells the owner is willing to swap a plain jane pulsar for it... whats wrong with the BMW?

nothing special, and to me ringing alarm bells the owner is willing to swap a plain jane pulsar for it... whats wrong with the BMW?

Agree with the nothing special. But probably better than a pulsar (even if it is a GTi manual)

My mate took it for a test drive today and it seemed to drive fine. It looked ok, but the real test would be putting it up on a hoist. The owner wants a smaller 'city' car as he will be moving into to and only doing city driving or so we were told.

Nice job on the headlining - service lights are just about up , maybe he has been using pins to fix the service lights as well.

First registered in NZ in 2004 so it should have a C or D plate

Yeah the headlining is a bit nasty, but most e36s have that problem (same with the door cards). He says he has records for services at midas and might still have the records from the previous owner (who of course were an elderly couple...). He seems like he cares but doesn't understand, this was really obvious when asked about vanos ("What's vanos was his response"). It's had a couple of personalised plates so that might be why the plate is new.

i just sold my nz new e36 328i msport coupe for similar price, i reckon its twice the car this is. I think you could find a better example tbh

Just an honest little E36 coupe.

Could do a lot worse.

Probably has the usual clunky gearbox if its a jatco.

gutless and will have jatco jerk. Not motorsport. meh.

dont see anything honest except superglued doorhandles and not knowing what vanos is..

sorry to say but i wouldnt pay more than 1k for this

I wouldn't have thought this was too bad for lower north prices to be honest. You're paying for the mileage. Headlining sucks ass but other than that....it'd be worth a look at least imo unless you can be bothered driving to Auckland

2 hours into owner ship, has he come to his sences yet?

2 hours into owner ship, has he come to his sences yet?

Haha, I don't know... At least his one runs :lol:

Only time will tell I guess