Sign in to follow this  
Toast

AC Schnitzer muffler

Having recently delivered a car to Auckland from down South I've fallen in love with the E36 ACS muffler. Muffled and modest at cruising rpm and loud yet not obnoxious at full throttle. Can anyone please help me track one down. I've seen them come up on trademe occasionally so there must be something out there.

NEED ACS muffler for E36 328/325i

Thanks

Haven't seen a dual pipe E36 AC Schnitzer / Remus backbox since Micheal sold the one off his coupe years ago, but there is an E39 540i one thats just been listed. I reckon it's too expensive for a nearly 20 year old used part but it's a sellers market I guess.

Might be too wide to fit in the E36 but worth a look :)

• Like 1

I have a single in replica, same tip etc and sounds very nice, had it on my 520 yonks ago been sitting in my roof ever since let me know if you want it

I have a single in replica, same tip etc and sounds very nice, had it on my 520 yonks ago been sitting in my roof ever since let me know if you want it

Off of a 520 you say, what's the inlet size? Could be interested as it will be mated up to a single pipe anyways.

Haven't seen a dual pipe E36 AC Schnitzer / Remus backbox since Micheal sold the one off his coupe years ago, but there is an E39 540i one thats just been listed. I reckon it's too expensive for a nearly 20 year old used part but it's a sellers market I guess.

Might be too wide to fit in the E36 but worth a look :)

Link to the listing?

I haven't seen a schnitzer one in ages.... We had one come on a 328 we had at one point and didn't think much of it, a few days later a guy comes to pick some stuff up and saw it.... He soon offers a stupid amount of money for it

I guess they are worth quite a bit?

I'm not sure that they're worth lots, just he probably wanted to secure the deal haha I saw one on trademe last year for $100 relisted multiple times. Too bad I didn't know what I was missing out on. (The tip on them still looks ugly as sin though)

I'm not sure that they're worth lots, just he probably wanted to secure the deal haha I saw one on trademe last year for $100 relisted multiple times. Too bad I didn't know what I was missing out on. (The tip on them still looks ugly as sin though)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=998446207

Seller can't spell for quits!

Edit: Might find it's too wide to fit the 3er - I know the 540i Eisenmann box I had was miles too wide, not sure if the Remus / AC will be the same

Edited by Ahmedsinc

Edit: Might find it's too wide to fit the 3er - I know the 540i Eisenmann box I had was miles too wide, not sure if the Remus / AC will be the same

Thanks couldn't find it for the life of me! Since it's going at the end of something somewhat custom it shouldn't matter too badly what it looks like. Might squeeze in there

3lb BFH and a blowtorch usually fix most panel clearance issues anyways ;)

Thanks couldn't find it for the life of me! Since it's going at the end of something somewhat custom it shouldn't matter too badly what it looks like. Might squeeze in there

Off of a 520 you say, what's the inlet size? Could be interested as it will be mated up to a single pipe anyways.

about the size of a straw from KFC

• Like 2

about the size of a straw from KFC

:lol: 2.75" reduced down should be all good

I have one myself, Really like it myself =) Your more than welcome to buy the car and it will come with it haha

^ That one on TM looks terrible.

But as above AC = Remus and you shouldn't have any trouble tracking one of those down in NZ?

No affiliation or recommendation:

http://www.exhaustsystem.co.nz/remus-exhausts/

http://www.redlineperformance.co.nz/products/exhaust/exhaust-systems/bmw/

I do love my Remus cat back, sound grouse.

Can have my e46 m3 muffler for $150 of you want to do little custom work.

what have you got ??
  • Like 1

ohhh yisss thanks for the heads up, I'm planning on running a single 2.75" from the header merge to the muffler and guess which BMW came with a 2.75" inlet on their mufflers?

It's a bit ratty but it'll do the trick :D