Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Not proceeding with Trade ?

I won an auction in the weekend for an outboard on Tardme. I asked all the right questions and was concerned about the prop and general condition. On inspection before paying for it, it was very clear the owners interpretation of "very good" is a lot different to mine. I did not go ahead with the trade in a friendly manner explaining all the faults to the owner. What am I now expected to do ? or does the owner have to let Tardme know the sale was not completed ?

If you both agreed to not complete the sale, they have a option to reclaim their success fee, which they have to state a reason either no contact, buyer refused or mutual agreement. Doesn't really matter, but it's up to them as it's their auction and success fee. Doesn't need to involve the buyer at all.

Thanks John I wasn't sure and the owner didn't have a clue...... about anything

• Like 1

I'd contact TM too and let them know because TM will put a message in your feedback saying you were the winner of an auction and the sale wasn't completed. Also the seller will have the option of leaving you a negative feedback. TM are pretty good about it if you explain your side of the story and will remove any negative feedback should the seller go down that route.

i"ll see what he does first..... a f**ked prop, damage, paint coming of from fuel leaking, leaking head gasket & corrosion don't add up to "very good" condition

Fresh rebuild, no receipts

Rebuild? It's never been in the water mate. Practically brand new that one.

I've always just left it, up to the seller to get their fees back from Tm. Yes you'll get a feedback saying you were part of a trade that wasn't completed, but you can reply to that and say item wasn't as described and anyone reading that can make up their own mind if they want to deal with you or not.

Not really a big deal.

That's what I was going to do. I was polite and I genuinely think he was just not aware of the potential issues. I'll continue to be polite unless bad feedback is posted. I've copied the Q&A and I'm sure it will all pan out OK.

• Like 1

I'd contact TM too and let them know because TM will put a message in your feedback saying you were the winner of an auction and the sale wasn't completed. Also the seller will have the option of leaving you a negative feedback. TM are pretty good about it if you explain your side of the story and will remove any negative feedback should the seller go down that route.

Is that old TM or new TM? I thought i would be able to make it to 1k positive feedback (at 920) before encountering any TM muppets, but in the last month I've had two idiots place bad feedback on me because of their own action and TM won't do anything about it as apparently they don't get into feedback disputes. One guy never paid for some basket weave caps after a month and several emails, the other refused to send/give me freight information and kept demanding payment even though the auction details were "arrange shipping".

If he's polite and agrees to cancel the sale, he will get a refund on his success fee and that's it. I definitely understand where you're coming from with the interpretation of "very good" condition.

• Like 1

trademe dont give a fk about your 1 bad feedback or that scamming trader. at most they will suspend their membership and the offender will just create another one. even if you are scammed for hundreds of dollars trademe wont disclose the scammers personal details to you and tells you to go to the police. its a buyer beware kind of deal with trademe and i would way rather take 1 bad feedback than pay for something via internet banking to some stranger who has only had the membership for a month and a few stars.

dont worry about a few bad feedbacks its really not a big deal and potential buyers or other traders you deal with all go through the same thing and know that you're only a risk if you have multiple and consecutive bad feedbacks. the odd one here and there means nothing.