Sign in to follow this  
WYZEUP

Wtb: m60b40

So I'm on the look out for a reasonably priced m60b40 if anyone knows of one and a 404.

Don't need accessories.

Otherwise I'm on the hunt for a b30 sump if anyone has one laying around

Thanks

Edited by WYZEUP

For the same power figure? M60 breathes better than the m62 and more solid chain system. Only be worth doing if going to a tu motor and I don't want to head down that path

• Like 1

4.4 with rowdy cams would be the go I reckon.always going to be easier to make more power with more displacement

Edited by polley
  • Like 1

Hey if I can find a well priced m62 i may go that way, but from the info I've read seems the m60 has been opened up in the inlet department a bit more

Didn't you have an m62 sitting around polley?

Edited by WYZEUP

have a good spare m62b44 non vanos if you need.

both my e34's I had with the m62b44 conversions made way more power than the m60b40.

I run the m62b44 on the old m60b40 loom and ecu etc with a remap.

went from 150rwkw to 180-190rwkw torque upto 480-490Nm

• Like 1

Hey if I can find a well priced m62 i may go that way, but from the info I've read seems the m60 has been opened up in the inlet department a bit more

Didn't you have an m62 sitting around polley?

Yeah I've got one and matching 6 speed box, saving for a rainy day (unless someone wants to put up a decent offer, then I'll let it go)

• Like 1

have a good spare m62b44 non vanos if you need.

both my e34's I had with the m62b44 conversions made way more power than the m60b40.

I run the m62b44 on the old m60b40 loom and ecu etc with a remap.

went from 150rwkw to 180-190rwkw torque upto 480-490Nm

Ok maybe i have been proved wrong then.....may have to start looking at M62, and come up and see you and have a chat about it

• Like 1

Ok maybe i have been proved wrong then.....may have to start looking at M62, and come up and see you and have a chat about it

yea no problem , 5spd manual box med diff makes more power at the wheels than 6spd and large case diff

M62B44`s $1000 @ Hellbm

• Like 1

yea no problem , 5spd manual box med diff makes more power at the wheels than 6spd and large case diff

How come? It doesn't quite make sense

m62b44 in an e30 is as fast as my s50b32. Westy and I tested it one day :)

How come? It doesn't quite make sense

the more weight you have to turn , the less power at the wheels.

one of my cars lost 5-8kw at the wheels after switching from a medium case diff to a large case .

and my e28 gained power at the wheels when we converting from a large to medium diff

Go and see Kerry at Mosen, he is starting a V8-E30 conversion shortly and should be able to help you with bits, info.

• Like 2

If I know when you intend going, I can possibly drop over to Kerry's spot with my one for you to get an idea as to what is involved in fitting it.

• Like 1

If I know when you intend going, I can possibly drop over to Kerry's spot with my one for you to get an idea as to what is involved in fitting it.

That would be awesome thanks :) as there's lots of little things like the brakes etc.... that i want to get an idea of and how to go about it

Effective brakes in a m60/2 conversion are a bigger pain in the butt job than fitting the motor.. definitely not a little thing!

• Like 1

Yup from all the investigation it doesn't look easy but is do-able. But I will go and see Kerry when I've got some free time one wknd or during the week

Will need to be during the week, he is not open during the weekend. I have told him to expect you sometime.

• Like 1

Sweet thanks heaps. Would be interested to have a look around your car at some stage aswell.

Just give me some notice and I will try to get to Kerry when you are there.