Sign in to follow this  
nzsapper

2nd time around member, first post

Hi

I was a member back in the early 2000s to around 2006 when I sold my old Avus blue 95 M3 to a guy on the Nth Shore. Well around 2 yrs ago I knew I needed to purchase another M3 (e36 / e46), so finally 2 weeks ago after being told an E46 M3 on autotrader was sold that day an E36 appeared on the site, no mucking around and a pre purchase at Dunedin BMW that was ok but not enough to scare me off as some in the past, I brought another E36 M3. This time a 93 , same colour and about the same kms I sold my last one at 10yrs ago

The Car

1. 1993 Avus Blue 3.0l, 154000kms

2. Service history with BMW to 83000kms, from 83k until now Midas

3. Full Milltek exhaust system - original was in the back of the car, with some ceramic pads and new front lights

So arrived Thurday last week and in the shop Monday for a few bits and pieces

1. New front rotors and pads

2. New rear shock mounts and bump stops

3. A/C Re-gas

4. Wheel refurb

5. New rear brake pads - had a horrible rattle rear left like I was towing a trailer and only happened on the chip seal roads, turned out it was missing clips on the rear pads

To do

1. Water pump - anyone know where I can get a water pump that wont set me back $725?, no mention of this on pre purchase, just mention that there was some dry water marks

2. Leather resto

3. Re fix door cards

4. Apparently some play in steering rack

5. Rear main seal might be leaking - also wasn't mentioned on pre purchase, this one kind of annoys me , don't know how this was missed

Paul

post-52757-0-08726000-1454492302.jpg

post-52757-0-03023900-1454492804.jpg

Edited by nzsapper
  • Like 3

welcome. nice avus blue e36 m3!

check out fcpeuro/ecs tuning/pelican parts for water pump. shouldnt cost more than $2-300

95 Avus Blue M3 on the shore..Richard (Atlantiskiwi) possibly bought it?
Nice car! Welcome back :)

Edited by Rubix

That is one tidy looking 93 m3, if i'm not mistaken...owned by an elderly man before you? Could be a different E36 M3, but was definitely Avus Blue, welcome back and look forward to seeing a project thread etc !!

Edited by E36_Turbo

Kyu - thanks have contacted FCPEURO just waiting out now

Dion - my old car was BTL 927

Peter - no got this off a guy in his 40s in Dunedin , before that the car was here in Palmy with plate NO PASS , so Im the third owner if you forget a dealer in Hastings.

excellent choice, glad to see someone else pick up a 3.0 to look after (and not turn into a track car).

And lol at the brake rattle, all to familiar with that noise, had a clip missing from one of my front calipers.... its amazing how loud they can rattle!

Kyu - thanks have contacted FCPEURO just waiting out now

Dion - my old car was BTL 927

Peter - no got this off a guy in his 40s in Dunedin , before that the car was here in Palmy with plate NO PASS , so Im the third owner if you forget a dealer in Hastings.

Think I know the car, used to see him dropping his kids off at school the odd morning. Looked like a tidy car. Good find

Hi Paul and welcome back.

Very nice find. Luv the color on that one.

Theres a bunch of guys traveling up from Wellington for the Shannon car show. I'm going to travel over from Wanganui.

Should be a good day with a drive over the saddle to Woodville for lunch. Would be a nice drive in your M3.

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/54999-wellington-road-trip-to-supercheap-auto-car-show-shannon-sun-21-feb/

yeah, come on over, join the fray! Welcome back aboard, Paul. Lovely looking M3!

Guys I will try to make it, already have plans for one day of that weekend, wife has yet decide what day that is.

Kelvin - not wrong about noise, sounded like I was towing a trailer, sadly that noise was masking a dull knock, yet to work out where its coming from.

Given up on trying to source an aftermarket water pump for a S50B30, if it was a US spec engine I would have a myriad of choices

excellent. is there anything we can do influence your wife to make your plans saturday?

when I was in the uk, I used Cooks Ferry Engineering. You could give them a try.

• Like 1