Sign in to follow this  
MD13

Hans Pries brand parts

Looking to do coils and spark plugs soon for my e46. Anyone used or have knowledge of Hans Pries brand coils?

have used their parts before (ordered through milland)

no problems at all - seems to be a good oem supplier at a good price

Pries sounds like pies so must be awesome.

• Like 1

Pries sounds like pies so must be awesome.

if its pies like in new market then yeh. $8.50 pies :/

if its pies like in new market then yeh. $8.50 pies :/

$8.50? 0_0 That must be some damn special pie.

I'm old enough to remember when a Big Ben's mince and cheese was 80 cents at the tuck shop... Popsicle and K-Bar for 20 cents all up...

• Like 1

They aren't OEM, Not too bad for the price but id personally rather spend a bit more and get Bosch.

Why are you replacing the coils? they aren't generally regarded a wear item, and unlike in older cars with just one, there are 6 so if one fails you will never be stranded.

• Like 2

They aren't OEM, Not too bad for the price but id personally rather spend a bit more and get Bosch.

Why are you replacing the coils? they aren't generally regarded a wear item, and unlike in older cars with just one, there are 6 so if one fails you will never be stranded.

they're a common failure item in the M54 config, I think there have been part revisions to (in some way) address thei sh*t longevity. The misfires caused by by the dodgy intermittent/failing coils throw codes in addition to less-than-smooth running.

mine were failing on two cylinders. I chose to replace the lot, used Bremi OEM. One had already been replaced, though did not appear newer, just different. Result: silky smooth running, easier starting. a little more pep.

I must get around to selling six for the price of a couple, "four pretty good, two dodgy". #8 )

Edited by Olaf

PS - I'd already replaced the spark plugs with BKR6EQUP

Say, what's the service interval on thr BKR6EQUP?

I just replaced the plugs in my m54 with oem plugs. Harder to get than the common bkr6 but apparently better running. I couldn't believe how much better it ran, so I changed the plugs on the m3 and was blown away. Can't believe I didn't do it years ago. Basically Free HP. I always have a spare coil in the boot but never considered replacing whole lot as I was told they either work or they don't? ?

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

I've aloways replaced coils at around ten years old (usually single coil, rather than coil on plug), and always found an improvement.

PS - NGK BRK6EQUP is the OEM plug for M54, along with a Bosch p/n. The ones I removed were BMW branded, ISTR they were NGK.

Edited by Olaf

Call All Euro parts with a factory part number. You will be suprised at they're prices for oe quality. Meyle, Febi, Bosch