Sign in to follow this  
NZ300E

Most desirable e30

Here's a question......of all the e30 iterations and excepting the M3. Which is the most desirable and most likely to appreciate in the future. And we are talking original and unmodified. MSpec1 325i ? Wagon? Or maybe a cab? Which specs are most desirable as well (interior,options,colour etc) Get your opinions out........aaaaannnd........go

318is

M325i - FL and PFL

Any Wagons

Any Cabs

• Like 1

It's be easy to say M3 Sport Evo3. Or maybe the SA 333i.

I like things simple, and would probably opt for a 318iS coupe. Not as fast, but fast enough for everyday.
Or perhaps a 325iX wagon. :)

• Like 1

Good suggestion......in theory you could import one as a low volume special vehicle. Seen a couple for sale that were grey imported to the uk from Portugal.

• Like 1

President of the BMWCC told me E30 cabs were top 5 collectible according to BMW History or whatever they call themselves.

Was a few years ago though.

3 hours ago, MD13 said:

Does Grahams unicorn count?

Hartge H35.

Depends on whether it fits with the " original and unmodified " criteria... Maybe 'officially modified' is acceptable?

16 hours ago, NZ300E said:

Good suggestion......in theory you could import one as a low volume special vehicle. Seen a couple for sale that were grey imported to the uk from Portugal.

Anything over 20 years old can come in without the need for the low volume special, even if it is LHD.

I know of one very nice 320iS in NZ, and I don't mean my replica!

Prices on them have shot up in recent years on the back of the huge spike in M3 prices and the fact it has the S14B20 motor in it, they are great cars though especially the 2-door with the MTech II kit.

E30 cabs are too common, too many built, the rarity value has a big effect on the price - hence why the wagons are so highly priced.

things like Alpinas (real ones) Hartges, Schnitzers will always be in demand and good prices.

Of the "factory" models I would say M325i are the stronges bet.

One thing I found interesting about the 320is was that the coupe came standard with 14" weaves not the 15s that nz m325i came with or the 16s on the m3. And even then the 14s were only options on the 4 door version which came with bog standard alloys. Even so, very cool car.

On 19 October 2016 at 9:14 PM, NZ300E said:

You don't need a low volume special vehicle thing, you can import what you want if it's 20 years old.

Some has already imported a 320is into NZ.