Sign in to follow this  
smithy

i changed my diff

just about the diff carl i changed my diff from a 3.64 with a 4.10 and it is one of the best mods iv done ill admit that it drinks a littel more gas but not that much more and as far as top end speed is conserned i can still pull 200 and thats more than u need and it dosent give u any more HP but it gives u a hole lot more torque and with the lower gearing it gives u more hp at lower speeds so much more fun to drive but i drive on windy as roads. did u put a 4.10 in your car?

I doubt your car pulled 200 BEFORE you changed diffs unless you modded it.

Stop lying.

By the way your location is spelt Coromandel.

The only dill is you.

I'm in a shitty mood so there.

Anyway, I'm way ahead of you bro - you went for the SLOOOOOOOOOOW diff. I got a 4.45 and my car can do 230.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

...it dosent give u any more HP but it gives u a hole lot more torque and with the lower gearing it gives u more hp at lower speeds so much more fun to drive but i drive on windy as roads. did u put a 4.10 in your car?

Okay, differentials do NOT alter torque or HP, just the applcation of it. I think what you are trying to say is that while it doesn't give you more power it does make the power band more accessible especially at lower speeds.

So where have you driven at 200kph?

FYI, i've used 3.25, 3.46, 3.64, and 4.45 diffs in my car. The 4.45 is a whole lot more frun than a 4.11 :P

can still pull 200

hahahahahahaa

Meh, forgot to add, when I had the 3.25 diff in my top speed was 305kph, beat that suckers :rambo:

Quoted top speed was 215 (independent test), so what's so hard to believe about 200? It's a 325i, not a 320i after all.

Come on Carl!!!!!!

305 kph in a 320i!! :o

did you ever actually get to that speed!! :P

e-drag racing. wicked.

*pictures Ian wearing a dress*

305kph theoretical top speed!!! could anyone really imagine a 320i, with its aerodynamics of a brick, actually going that fast on a flat road???

Almost as laughable as people e-stating they do 200kph...but since 180kph is very easily attainable in an E30 and that the speedo's go up to 240 then anything is possible.

E: Not to mention that the accuarcy of the E30 speedo is top notch :thumb:

Edited by Carl

Granted I was in an auto 320i ;) as soon as I hit 150-155 on pukekohe it started going up at very slow rate.. like 1mm every 4 seconds or so.. top speed was 165 but then again it was parade laps and we we're exactly racing but still ... also quite inexperienced track driver so I was breaking early for corners.

Edited by E30stz

Guest Spargo

my 3.73 geared 2.7 starts slowing at 220, haven't had the room to max it out, puke isn't long enough.

I doubt your car pulled 200 BEFORE you changed diffs unless you modded it.

Stop lying.

By the way your location is spelt Coromandel.

The only dill is you.

I'm in a shitty mood so there.

Anyway, I'm way ahead of you bro - you went for the SLOOOOOOOOOOW diff. I got a 4.45 and my car can do 230.

im not lying my 325i did 200 befor i changed the diff but yes my car has some mods done like pod filter sports muffler and headers any way i looked at the 4.45 diff but thought it might be a littel to low whats it like in your car .

my 3.73 geared 2.7 starts slowing at 220, haven't had the room to max it out, puke isn't long enough.

do u have a 2.7L converion if so whats it like im looking in to doing it to my 325i

im not lying my 325i did 200 befor i changed the diff but yes my car has some mods done like pod filter sports muffler and headers any way i looked at the 4.45 diff but thought it might be a littel to low whats it like in your car .

How did you know you were doing 200km/h? Did your speedo say so?

You do know that the speedo's are miles out at any high speeds (normally anything over 100km/h) don't you?

And they always show a speed a lot higher than you are actually doing, so your 200 was more likely 160.

Cheers

Grant

How did you know you were doing 200km/h? Did your speedo say so?

You do know that the speedo's are miles out at any high speeds (normally anything over 100km/h) don't you?

And they always show a speed a lot higher than you are actually doing, so your 200 was more likely 160.

Cheers

Grant

na m8 i gps it just to cheak and allso looked at the speedo iv done 200 more than once and how can a bmw speedo be 40kms out how do u know this? beleave me my car can do 200 and more if i had the room

Any stock manual 325 E30 will go over 200, whats the big deal??

Bounce it off the rev limiter in top gear with stock 3.64 diff and your going around 215.

Chuck that engine out, something is seriously wrong with it.

With that gearing you should be running out of revs before the kink not running out of torque before the end of the straight. Your top speed with that gearing, stock wheels and tyres, 6000rpm rev cut etc. is only 213km/h

Edited by gmccormack

Any stock manual 325 E30 will go over 200, whats the big deal??

Bounce it off the rev limiter in top gear with stock 3.64 diff and your going around 215.

Huh? Is that with a 1:1 5th sport box?

I've got a 3.64 diff and my top end is well and truly over that, looks to be around 250. The 4.45 diff has a top speed of 205.

Lets keep it all a bit sane here. :drugs:

Not too many stock road cars will ever reach redline in an overdriven top gear anyway. So top speed as worked out by ratios is purely subjective, how far worn are the tyres, rim sizes differant from stock, all that stuff.

Factor in the motors, Carl your 320i is never going to see 250kmh no matter what the diff ratio, i would be surprised to see a 325 or 2.7 motor go out that far.

I think that the red line on the 2.7 is lower than most of the other motors, about 5500??

My 2 cents. :D

Lets keep it all a bit sane here. :drugs:

Not too many stock road cars will ever reach redline in an overdriven top gear anyway. So top speed as worked out by ratios is purely subjective, how far worn are the tyres, rim sizes differant from stock, all that stuff.

Factor in the motors, Carl your 320i is never going to see 250kmh no matter what the diff ratio, i would be surprised to see a 325 or 2.7 motor go out that far.

I think that the red line on the 2.7 is lower than most of the other motors, about 5500??

My 2 cents. :D

Also, everyone here has forgotten about the effect of the wonderful aerodynamics of the E30. This seriously hinders any potential high speed, as a lot of the engine power is used to fight drag, rather than making the car go any faster.

Guest Andrew

Firstly anyone here with 2.7 or otherwise is not going any faster down the back straight of puke than 190 kph. (I'm talking people with stock e30 motors).

A 325 will hit over 200 kph (but not by much!)

Fairly sure sam's car does not have a sport box.