aja540i

E39 oil burner

Having seen this in person it's a perfect example of 'you can't judge a book by its cover' - it's probably fair to say she's stronger on the inside than out, the current attention is going to the right places.

right rear door card glued back together and re- installed, window works mint, rear speakers replaced, started filling and sanding smallish dents in front bumper, new plate holder ordered, put some diesel in it, rear seats back in and belts all working, heavy rubber floor mats water-blasted, rear window cleaned, stickers installed on rear window, fog lights removed from old bumper and opened up to let all the water out.

A few quick squirts up and down the driveway suggests the trans needs a full service, it takes a few revs to get it moving, and the turbo is a bit louder than I am happy with but they can wait until its road legal.

Edited by aja540i
  • Like 1

Bought a staggered set of style 66 wheels, they look a little bit rough which will match the rest of the car perfectly!!

1420307043.jpg.ebf77e9d7870a349eab40797ace273f3.jpg

• Like 5

Flicked a coat of 2 pack primer on the front bumper, a few more small patches of putty and a sand then top coat this weekend, it won't be perfect but I'm not aiming for perfection on this one, its a workhorse not a show pony! The transmission service might be a bit more urgent than I thought, it wouldn't back the car off the ramps today until I rocked it back and forth a couple of times!!

😀

I suspect this has what's left of its original " lifetime" fluid! There are no strange noises or vibrations, it just revs its nuts off (3k rpm) and doesn't move, its only when up on the ramps so fluid tide is probably out.