Sign in to follow this  
Blackie

Car rammed four times on Hutt Motorway

Plate being blurred out tells me the vehicle is probably stolen and they don't want everyone going after the actual owner of the vehicle.

My bet is on gang members.

• Like 1

Scary sh*t...

Not as bad as this, but last year my wife was driving along in a residential 50 zone and an old SUV full of young guys overtook, side swiping her as they went and just carried on laughing.

Probably stolen cars on both counts I would guess.

That's a poorly written article, for a start her autism has nothing to do with it and shouldn't have been mentioned, if she has a license she's held to the same standard as the rest of us.

Now, I don't condone ramming somebody but let's dissect this paragraph…

“There was no one there and then all of a sudden there was this massive truck, literally so close to me I couldn’t see their bumper. I slowed down, so I could indicate and get into that other lane, so they could pass me,” she said.

1. she's in the right hand lane and has inadequate situational awareness, car's don't travel at 800km/h so it didn't appear out of nowhere.
  2. her first reaction, in the right hand lane, whilst being tailgated, is to slow down? Talk about inviting aggression.
  3. why did she even need to slow down to indicate? She'd just passed another car, slowing down is counterintuitive, if she needs to do that for any reason she should never be in the right hand lane, it's a danger to all those sharing the road with her.

The driver of the "massive truck" was/is a tool but her driving did nothing at all to help the situation, only to make it worse.

And she also won't have to pay her excess because the cops have already attested that it's not her fault. Shitty situation, very poor article.

But still, the other driver is a tool.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

Thanks for the dissection of article. 

Would not read again/10.

• Like 5

She's driving a Demio... I surprised she DIDN'T die!

The effects of Dad's eating a strong curry can write one of those off!