Sign in to follow this  
BMTHUG

2005 plus diesel vehicle for commuting. BMW only

21 hours ago, balancerider said:

Joe Achilles has just reviewed the LCI version on youtube. 5.2sec 0-100 pretty impressive for a 2 ton single turbo diesel. I wish they made the 540d in RHD, the Alpina D5 is sedan-only.

link please :D

On 12/2/2020 at 12:21 PM, GorGasm said:

Totally off topic I know, but this is one of the coolest wagons I have seen from BMW for some time.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/2865656305?bof=PBxGCGeC

@GorGasm http://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/2888857002 has just been listed. Was previously (optimistically) up at 85k privately. Happy to see these are coming down in price, quite an appealing upgrade from mine in 540i x-drive format.

Edited by balancerider
  • Like 1

Nice touring but $70k seems crazy money for a pretty nothing-special car that will only be worth, what, $20k in two years?  

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Nice touring but $70k seems crazy money for a pretty nothing-special car that will only be worth, what, $20k in two years?  

Have you checked pricing of diesel wagons recently? Even F30 330Ds are $40K+ 

That’s why I drive the sedan with the smaller engine. Which even then wasn’t that cheap to buy... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NZ BMW said:

That’s why I drive the sedan with the smaller engine. Which even then wasn’t that cheap to buy... 

No, I haven't so paint me surprised!

Fantastic cars the 530d's. I was very very close to biting the bullet on a 2018 sedan before getting my G20. Immense torque, extremely smooth power delivery and handled great for such a big car but I drove a G20 afterwards and was sold immediately on it. Would still consider one but probably a wagon if the family grows in the future. 

2 hours ago, NZ BMW said:

Great news - suspect mine hasn't depreciated much at all in 3 years!

14 hours ago, balancerider said:

@GorGasm http://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/2888857002 has just been listed. Was previously (optimistically) up at 85k privately. Happy to see these are coming down in price, quite an appealing upgrade from mine in 540i x-drive format.

That is pretty nice as well.  The interior on these seems to be much nicer in used car photos than in the press stuff.

Although I am with M3AN, $70k grand is going to take a big hit in the next 5 years as it's just a BMW wagon.  I'm happy to wait til they are $35k or below.

$70k is Maserati Ghibli or Quattroporte money to me!

Edited by GorGasm

21 minutes ago, GorGasm said:

That is pretty nice as well.  The interior on these seems to be much nicer in used car photos than in the press stuff.

Although I am with M3AN, $70k grand is going to take a big hit in the next 5 years as it's just a BMW wagon.  I'm happy to wait til they are $35k or below.

$70k is Maserati Ghibli or Quattroporte money to me!

It’s also TDV8 Range Rover money.... although that might not be to everyone’s taste!