Sign in to follow this  
Sammo

Gorgeous E36!

You'd hang onto it because you love it, not because the e36 is about to turn into the undiscovered classic.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 3pedals said:

what is not to love about  a good E36 ? 

The alarming regularity bits fall off them, inside and out? 😂

Every time I think nah, im over E36s, one like this comes up for sale and I pine for another E36.

• Haha 1

I remember when the E36 M3 came out on the cover of Autocar NZ, and thinking it was a damn fine looking vehicle.

Interesting the Integra VTI-R was in the same issue and it looked really good in red, maybe even better than the M3.

13 hours ago, 3pedals said:

Only un-discovered by those with blinkers on - always been a nice balance of animal and elegance in 2.8 & M3 Uitvooring. 

Sharp agile handling & superb chassis feedback  when dialled in properly -  what is not to love about  a good E36 ? 

You’re preaching to the choir, mate!  I like the e36, I recall them when they were new, and have always liked them.  Getting hard to find a good one. Nostalgia freaks head to e30, drifters choose e36, e46 attracts everyone else (who doesn’t want something ‘new’), leaving the e36 is the ignored middle child.

Must be some fine bargains out there.

14 hours ago, 3pedals said:

I guess I'll just hang on to my NZ new immaculate 328 in hell red then , might be worth a grand or two in a decade or two? 

Hell, no need to hang onto it for a decade, I'll give you a grand for it right now!

If you bought it in 2002 and serviced it well then of course it will treat you good. We are comparing this with thrashed and bashed drifterz that has seen years of abuse and neglect. Any car is as reliable as how well its been treated imo. (Generally)

• Like 3