Sign in to follow this  
HypedKidz

M2 CS

Whilst they are asking a fair amount over the original RRP there is a story behind this and the guy did not buy it to flip it.

• Like 1

They're still advertised on the BMW NZ site. It's not on the car configurator though and I can't see a price elsewhere. Anyone looking to buy this would be wise to chat with a dealer first and weigh up ordering new vs this before making their choice.

The M2 comp starts at $139 900 NZ. The CS will of course have a decent premium on top of this.

Definitely awesome cars, and IMO a more appealing sports car than the new M3/4. Which are starting at around $170k (Competition model only).

Edited by Matth5

Over rated over priced and over here. The M2 in any configuration has never ever sold for a premium anywhere.

13 hours ago, Matth5 said:

Anyone looking to buy this would be wise to chat with a dealer first and weigh up ordering new vs this before making their choice.

Not able to order new now, production of the CS finished late last year, IIRC. 

NZ had an allocation of one car, and this is it, hence the “1 of 1” in the TM listing. There were a number of other interested buyers but they missed out.

Bringing one in from overseas would look to be the only issue, but then it wouldn’t be NZ new.

Interesting that the roof is 1x1 layup carbon and the rest of the detailing is 2x2.

10 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Bringing one in from overseas would look to be the only issue, but then it wouldn’t be NZ new.

Wonder what the hierarchy of desirability is -  if buying to store / resell later, would a lower number of owners be as important as NZ new?

My sense is that RHD rare beemers in NZ are often sold to overseas buyers as the market here is so small...

On 2/11/2021 at 8:34 AM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

I think it's just BMW NZ that tries to upsell the value of NZ New, for obvious reasons.

Once the warranty and service plan is up, the ownership experience is no different to any other BMW.

• Like 2

But, but, but every car from the U.K. is a rust bucket, because they put salt on the road. Every car from Japan has sat in traffic for millions of hours and has been clocked. And every car from Singapore has electrical problems because of the humidity..., etc. Because the internet’s says so.

Short term, the country of origin and hence  known history, would probably be more important. Longer term things like the kms, no of owners and general condition would become more important.

An import of any brand from any country is always valued lower than a similar car (all other factors being equal) than an NZ new, by any vehicle dealer and by the majority of the market from my experience.

• Haha 2