Sign in to follow this  
Bennyboy

Dream touring 😍

Seems like a reasonable price, check those receipts for a clutch, it's 5k and if it hasn't been done it will need doing soon, I assume it's a UK import like mine so a good underbody check is sensible and don't buy it if the purchase price is your total budget, these still have supercar running costs, but....Β 

If it is what will make you smile then that's got to be worth something right,!!Β 

Hmm, kudos to the owner for the big balls of it all but I have to boggle at the idea of a tow bar/towing on a highly strung naturally aspirated V10 with its infamous gearbox.Β  The 550i would probably be a better tow car.

Edited by Kodachrome

They tow very well, I usually use manual mode or turn the SMG up to a more aggressive setting so it's not riding the clutch as much, and of course put it in P500 to compensate for the extra weight,!! πŸ˜‰Β 

• Haha 1

Thanks @aja540iΒ and @Twistee

I don't drive a massive amount so the fuel use isn't a major issue but running costs remain somewhat terrifying. I'd like to think the cost to swap would be minimal from my current car so just about checking that borkage isn't imminent, BM Workshop sounds like the go for a PPI in Auckland.

I see it lived in the UK for ~7 years so corrosion I guess is a possibility but I get the impression the E6x chassis is quite a bit better rustproofed than the E39/E46. Colour is not my favourite but again I can look past it