Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

A chat room for the group ???

I know I'm only new to the group, but has management ever thought or considered a chatroom for the group ???

Don't get me wrong...this Forum is great

Wot I meant was a live chat room :D

gay

I've been on many a forum who've tried that - always falls flat. Noone wants to sit there and watch people make meaningless conversation. It's bad enough watching some of the drivel that creeps into non-OT threads as it is.

If you want to chat with someone on the forum use MSN.

If you want a chat room, set one up (there are plenty of free sites available to make a group room) and post the link on a thread - don't expect too many hits though.

Prove me wrong - I dare you.

Looks like a BIG Ooops on my part

Should have kept my mouth shut :wacko:

don't feel that way - We try to foster a "no question is a dumb question" atmosphere so don't feel slam dunked. It is afterall only mine and e30stz opinion at this stage ;)

maybe for chat if someone wants it, make a thread and get people to put in thier email addresses and use msn to conduct your chat orgies

gay

I've been on many a forum who've tried that - always falls flat. Noone wants to sit there and watch people make meaningless conversation. It's bad enough watching some of the drivel that creeps into non-OT threads as it is.

If you want to chat with someone on the forum use MSN.

If you want a chat room, set one up (there are plenty of free sites available to make a group room) and post the link on a thread - don't expect too many hits though.

Prove me wrong - I dare you.

Agreed, its all hype for the first week then slowly dies and no one uses it.

I know I'm only new to the group, but has management ever thought or considered a chatroom for the group ???

I'm sure BMW Group have many more things to do with their "spare" time (if any) than chat in a chat room.

at least he is coming up with ideas to improve our site fullas..

word gus.

how bout everyone comes up with more ideas, instead of "change the mods"...

my idea to make this a bmw free website is still on the table.

lets all get hondas.

ill lead the charge

GOGOGO!

I've got a telephone

hahaha!

not enought mirc geeks.

If you want a chat room, just start one on mirc and tell everyone.

We can also trade um 'pictures' of stuff.

at least he is coming up with ideas to improve our site fullas..

and isnt that the plan???

if the goal is to have 4000 members by the end of the year maybe we need to be a little more tolerant of peoples ideas, especially newer members that have not had time to get to know other members and their personalities. lets face it there are a few people here that can be a little "abrasive" at times. those of us that have been on here for a while dont have a problem with it, but i can see how it could put new posters off ever coming back. im not pointing the finger at anyone, nor am i wanting to start a debate on how people need to "harden up" maybe they do but the reality is rather then harden up they will more then likely just not come back. what andrew and the rest of the guys working on the "new site" have in mind will be pretty awesome if they can pull it off and we can all help it along by doing our bit to increase members, but theres no point if after their first few posts they decide bugger you lot im off to Performance Car forum or chosen few ... we're not the only car forum out there.

i know this looks a bit like a whinge but its really not meant to be, we have a lot of really helpful members (90% of active posters id say) and we could make this one of the best forums in the country. more members = more knowledge and that can only make the site better.

well thats the end of my moaning whine for the day :wacko:

if the goal is to have 4000 members by the end of the year maybe we need to be a little more tolerant of peoples ideas, especially newer members that have not had time to get to know other members and their personalities. lets face it there are a few people here that can be a little "abrasive" at times. those of us that have been on here for a while dont have a problem with it, but i can see how it could put new posters off ever coming back. im not pointing the finger at anyone, nor am i wanting to start a debate on how people need to "harden up" maybe they do but the reality is rather then harden up they will more then likely just not come back. what andrew and the rest of the guys working on the "new site" have in mind will be pretty awesome if they can pull it off and we can all help it along by doing our bit to increase members, but theres no point if after their first few posts they decide bugger you lot im off to Performance Car forum or chosen few ... we're not the only car forum out there.

i know this looks a bit like a whinge but its really not meant to be, we have a lot of really helpful members (90% of active posters id say) and we could make this one of the best forums in the country. more members = more knowledge and that can only make the site better.

well thats the end of my moaning whine for the day :wacko:

You're absolutely right.

4000 members - We will need to do ALOT fo adsvetsiing. Not just stickers on the 30 or so regular posters on here, advertsing at the stealerships, in magazines, etc.

Grant is dead right.

new ideas are always good...if they are not the greatest and not implemented, so be it....but from new ideas other ideas can happen. amazing, innit

I think most bimmersporters jump on MSN occationally. Maybe you guys need to set up a refresher thread on all our MSN addresses. :bounce:

or a light that is displayed next to your name on bs. That means your logged onto MSN or ICQ or whatever aswell, and you can chat on msn.

Like on R3v. The green dot beside each person's posts means that user is currently on online. You could use something like this to show that who ever is surfing the website, your on msn at he same time.

Guest Andrew

i know this looks a bit like a whinge but its really not meant to be, we have a lot of really helpful members (90% of active posters id say) and we could make this one of the best  forums in the country. more members = more knowledge and that can only make the site better.

well thats the end of my moaning whine for the day  :wacko:

You're absolutely right.

4000 members - We will need to do ALOT fo adsvetsiing. Not just stickers on the 30 or so regular posters on here, advertsing at the stealerships, in magazines, etc.

There is 800 regular members Emma

i know this looks a bit like a whinge but its really not meant to be, we have a lot of really helpful members (90% of active posters id say) and we could make this one of the best  forums in the country. more members = more knowledge and that can only make the site better.

well thats the end of my moaning whine for the day  :wacko:

You're absolutely right.

There is 800 regular members Emma
* 30 Very regular, the "locals" shall we call them?

800 - Jeepers! Thats great.

im all for a huge sticker on my front windscreen if its ok.... :D