Sign in to follow this  
jom

E36 brakes that last longer than 4 laps of Manfield

I know that this has been discussed to death, but with OEM discs and BMW pads I got fading and brake judder after 4 laps of Manfield. I use the car mostly on the road but with the occasional track day, and I don't want to have to replace the rotors  every time I go on the track. The braking is really good, just not for long...

Don't really want to go down the E46 330i route, I was thinking of slotted discs and EBC yellow pads. Anyone had experience with these?

BTW its a 328 coupe...😁

Jo

• Like 1

Call Racebrakes and talk to them about disc/pad options. And possibly look at brake ducting upgrades.

• Like 1

Unless EBC has changed their compound in the last 5 years I wouldn't bother.

Endless if you're feeling rich. Or Hawk Pads. I ran both for years in my E30 series car. Rotors made zero difference as long as they were not no brand Chinese ones. 

Also run Motol 600 brake fluid or similar . If you don't that is the next thing to go. Stock will boil with upgraded pad compound as you can run longer. 

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-hawk-parts/rear-hp-plus-compound-performance-brake-pad-set/hb227n.630/

I buy lots from ECS. Also check FCP though as brake pads are included in their lifetime warranty... Yup they will give you new ones for free when they wear out. But may not have performance pads. 

• Like 1

Agree with Dan

Road pads of your choice, change to Hawk track pads or similar.

Uprated brake fluid.

And your good to go 

• Like 1

I had EBC discs on a Legnum VR4 many moons ago and they were complete garbage, I will never buy their stuff again, go for stock discs and upgraded pads and fluid as above.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aja540i said:

I had EBC discs on a Legnum VR4 many moons ago and they were complete garbage, I will never buy their stuff again, go for stock discs and upgraded pads and fluid as above.

I had EBC Yellow in my E34 race car when I purchased it.  The compound on one pad on the front detached from the backing plate and was nearly the end of me on the back straight of Puke track.

I also had the Red stuff pads in one of my 180sx's.  I swear they were no better than the stock Nissan pads I removed.  I went to Endless pads in this car.  They chewed through rotors but for a road car it had amazing brakes.

Hawk pads are my go to now days.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the answers. I hadn't realised how bad EBC pads are!

I will go with Vertex discs, Hawk HP+ pads and race Dot 4 fluid.

Is there a NZ stockist of Hawk pads that does more than Japanese performance cars?

Racetech stock them, or Racebrakes

• Thanks 1