Neal

F80 M3 Base audio system upgrade

On 6/14/2024 at 7:02 PM, Dogballs said:

App version 4.5.4 released !

still no mileage updating for me🙁

FWIW, 4.5.4, UK import - everything working for me.

(Milage is displayed under vehicle info)

Still no mileage with latest update but this appeared on my Apple watch

IMG_0361.jpeg

Edited by Neal

On the car stereo front the amplifier manufacturer Mobridge did a remote session into my amp. I’d asked if it was possible to code the Mobridge amp ( and dsp products ) to use four of the Idrive 6 B&W menu items.The Mobridge Amp has four dsp profiles that can be used , but on BMW F series B&O and Harman Kardon only uses two.

The diagnostic on the amp is great. I just needed to press each of the Idrive sound profile options and the engineer was able to see what the Idrive sends to trigger the DSP settings.

Within a few working days Mobridge was able to code the extra sound profiles and send back new Amplifier software to test. So I now have four DSP slots which are controlled by the BMW idrive 6 B&W menus.

So I’ve done the following

Profile 1 , Drivers seat position with appropriate time alignment running an Audio Frog / Harman house curve. Would call this an audiophile style tune with the front audio stage stilling above the bonnet with good width. ( I’m not and audiophile though , have been curved of that level of obsession 😀 )

Profile 2 , All seat tune , time alignment so bass is still forward of front passengers , centred at ear hight between driver and passenger front set.

Profile 3 , like Profile 1 , but more bass between 15 -80 hz

Profile 4 , at this stage , speakers only level matched, no time alignment or eq. Used as reference for evolution of system. But will probably use it for further map development of Profile 1

BMW B&W menu for context.

D596020D-7561-4DCF-A84B-89062BD2FD9F.jpeg

• Like 1