Neal

F80 M3 Base audio system upgrade

On 6/14/2024 at 7:02 PM, Dogballs said:

App version 4.5.4 released !

still no mileage updating for me🙁

FWIW, 4.5.4, UK import - everything working for me.

(Milage is displayed under vehicle info)

• Like 1

Still no mileage with latest update but this appeared on my Apple watch

IMG_0361.jpeg

Edited by Neal

On the car stereo front the amplifier manufacturer Mobridge did a remote session into my amp. I’d asked if it was possible to code the Mobridge amp ( and dsp products ) to use four of the Idrive 6 B&W menu items.The Mobridge Amp has four dsp profiles that can be used , but on BMW F series B&O and Harman Kardon only uses two.

The diagnostic on the amp is great. I just needed to press each of the Idrive sound profile options and the engineer was able to see what the Idrive sends to trigger the DSP settings.

Within a few working days Mobridge was able to code the extra sound profiles and send back new Amplifier software to test. So I now have four DSP slots which are controlled by the BMW idrive 6 B&W menus.

So I’ve done the following

Profile 1 , Drivers seat position with appropriate time alignment running an Audio Frog / Harman house curve. Would call this an audiophile style tune with the front audio stage stilling above the bonnet with good width. ( I’m not and audiophile though , have been curved of that level of obsession 😀 )

Profile 2 , All seat tune , time alignment so bass is still forward of front passengers , centred at ear hight between driver and passenger front set.

Profile 3 , like Profile 1 , but more bass between 15 -80 hz

Profile 4 , at this stage , speakers only level matched, no time alignment or eq. Used as reference for evolution of system. But will probably use it for further map development of Profile 1

BMW B&W menu for context.

D596020D-7561-4DCF-A84B-89062BD2FD9F.jpeg

• Like 3

No , thought it might have been I needed to turn off carplay to get apps working via Bluetooth, usb , tried both , but no change.

I dont  have a connected drive subscription so not sure if that is a factor , 

It was  saying in the App notes that bmw apps needed to be enabled , but doesn’t seem to make a difference. When I click the i button on how connect in the app I just get a blank screen

IMG_0467.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neal said:

No , thought it might have been I needed to turn off carplay to get apps working via Bluetooth, usb , tried both , but no change.

I dont  have a connected drive subscription so not sure if that is a factor , 

It was  saying in the App notes that bmw apps needed to be enabled , but doesn’t seem to make a difference. When I click the i button on how connect in the app I just get a blank screen

IMG_0467.png

Yeah, same boat for me too. Still no mileage on 4.7.1

I have lifetime subscriptions - no difference there..

As above, my UK import app is working fine - but I don't know why you guys are so keen on it? It seems pretty useless to me? You can lock/unlock and see your  car's location. Am I missing something? 

I don’t need it 😀 , but one of those, why doesn’t that work anymore problems to solve.

It’s a bit like Speed Limit Information on the dash. I don’t have it so have become target fixated to code it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neal said:

I don’t need it 😀 , but one of those, why doesn’t that work anymore problems to solve.

It’s a bit like Speed Limit Information on the dash. I don’t have it so have become target fixated to code it.

I just did the speed limit emulator thing..

works a treat.. 
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqwtEyY

use BimmerUtility to add 8TH to the FA, and it will “smart FDL code” the kombi and hu 

• Like 1

Cheers , I have the KAFAS2 camera so should read the speed signs  . Only thing with adding 8th to Fa is I’m not 100% sure how it will code my retrofitted ID6. If it VOs the NBT unit is suspect it will kill the id6 FSCs .

Trying to do it in a way that an OEM FSC is used for SLI so it stays put after  dealer servicing . Haven’t quite got my head around it or effect on idrive. If the process just does fld on ntb then good.

Have watched this a couple times , 

Edited by Neal

Just re-read your post , smart code FLD for cluster and NBT 👍

14 minutes ago, Neal said:

Just re-read your post , smart code FLD for cluster and NBT 👍

32 minutes ago, Neal said:

Cheers , I have the KAFAS2 camera so should read the speed signs  . Only thing with adding 8th to Fa is I’m not 100% sure how it will code my retrofitted ID6. If it VOs the NBT unit is suspect it will kill the id6 FSCs .

Trying to do it in a way that an OEM FSC is used for SLI so it stays put after  dealer servicing . Haven’t quite got my head around it or effect on idrive. If the process just does fld on ntb then good.

Have watched this a couple times , 

The good thing about the BimmerUtility app is when you add something to the FA, it will determine the FDL changes for that option. - so it won’t VO code a unit. This is great for custom coding as it won’t reset all the tweaks you’ve worked on or “non Standard” configurations..

as I’m a big believer in Murphys Law, I always make a FDL backup of the modules before coding, just in case it turns to custard! ( the app will tell you the modules that will be coded before you click yes or no).

but, yes you will need the FSC for kafas2 either way..

have you priced an OEM code?

• Like 1

Just trying to work out if it’s a universal world wide FSC verse Europe.

True , but just found references to 66502444948  for kafas2 here SLI thread

Are you referring to the Aussie guy that couldn’t get it to accept?

I can only find 1x part no. For retrofit code.. 66502444948

Did the first part of the  VO coding as you suggested via Bimmer Utility so it's available via the cluster and it's FDL coded the entries in the Camera , Kombi and NTB2 . Just need to sort the OEM FSC to enable the function.

Will email  schmiedmann around the process for retrofit FCS codes and order 66502444948

14 minutes ago, Neal said:

Did the first part of the  VO coding as you suggested via Bimmer Utility so it's available via the cluster and it's FDL coded the entries in the Camera , Kombi and NTB2 . Just need to sort the OEM FSC to enable the function.

Will email  schmiedmann around the process for retrofit FCS codes and order 66502444948

Good stuff.. 

have you asked Continental Cars what they charge for it?

I didn’t. I did price a nz map update for a uk car but it wasn’t cost effective a few years back. They have been great on other  M parts though.

Did the retrofit for Speed Limit Information and used the earlier YouTube video process to insert the BMW enablement certificate ( FSC ). Using the BMW cert and vehicle option code will mean it won’t get turned off with any BMW dealer software updates.

I ordered the Kafas2 / connected idrive camera FSC  certificate via Part no for SLI Kafas2 Camera 66502444948 . Basically put your vin number into the  Fahrgestellnummer field. Got an email a day later with a BMW issued FSC. Cost was $75 nzd via PayPal.

Vehicle Order ( VO ) was updated via Bimmer utility and it coded the Kafas2 camera , Digital Dash and Idrive. ( thanks @Dogballs ) Then injected the SLI FCS into camera ecu via esys.

Then a simple case of enabling it in Idrive setting. Went for a drive and seems to be working ok. Only thing I might change is the FLD coding option under NBT where you can change the SLI country option. Will see what other signs it picks up. The good thing was it’s displaying the speed limit value in Kmh rather than miles.

IMG_0493.jpeg

IMG_0494.jpeg

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

Just stopping in to say the things happening in this thread are capital F fancy !! :D

• Haha 1