Sign in to follow this  
Blackie

WTB - old RC cars

Looking at possibly collecting some old Tamiya, Kyosho, Team Associated, Team Losi which I could never afford as a child. If anyone has or knows of any please let me know. PM is best.

Jon/mods, please remove if not allowed.

Are you looking for shelf queens, runners, and/or NIB versions? Not yet, but possibly in the next 12 months or so I might be looking at thinning out my vintage Tamiya collection. Mostly buggies - Egress, Top Force Evo, Dyna-Storm, Avante etc but also some TA-02 Porsches and M-01 Rover Minis. Most I have NIB and shelf queen versions of.

I do have a re-re (2011) Avante, built with unpainted shell, never run, that I probably don't need, if that appealed you might be able to temp me to part with it.  

RC_Examples.jpg

• Like 3

Now that's (part of) a beautiful collection Dave. That's exactly the kind of thing I'm hoping to slowly amass myself. I would be keen on the avante of course.

Let me have a think about what I might want for the Avante and put some pics together and I'll send you a PM.

More... most of them gen vintage, not re-re's.

Boxed_01.jpg

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 2

@M3AN you don't happen to have any Tamiya Mini 4WD cars tucked away? Keen to re-live my Modelair childhood. 

I had a few Tamiya's that I sold a few years back, A Frog a Boomerang and a Bigwig. Loved them, lots of fun.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 2:43 PM, Herbmiester said:

I had a few Tamiya's that I sold a few years back, A Frog a Boomerang and a Bigwig. Loved them, lots of fun.

I had a Boomerang as my first buggy. We got it on a trip to Singapore when i was College adged. Always wanted a Bigwig! The dual shock setup looked much better than the mono and I liked the flat dished wheels better too.

• Like 1

Really wanting to buy a re-re Hotshot or Boomerang. A friend of mine had the original Hotshot when we were kids, it was a spaceship in comparison to the overpriced underpowered toys I had. Closest I got was a mini Boomerang which I assembled and promptly raced down the driveway across the road and under the neighbours reversing Lexus. 😁

• Haha 1

Bought this ugly duckling. Struggling to find much info online - it's a modified Hoptron Eagle. The original body has been replaced with 3D printed parts to turn it into a "frame buggy". I'm interested to see what it is supposed to look like. Quality feels on-par with Tamiya Hotshot era cars, which is nice, because when I bought it I thought it might not be hobby grade (aka a toy), but it sees to be.

46875626_Screenshot_20221118-101153_TradeMe.thumb.jpg.4b04df892b36bcd18b3840e4eb94d036.jpg

Nice.

Oof the nostalgias generated from this thread.

I'd love to get a new old TA03 kit.  I had one as a teenager and it was super cool with the front mounted engine.  Love/hate relationship with these things though as I would always kill the brushes in the motors and never be able to get them to go well again, or have the money to sort it out.

image.thumb.png.fc7b170ffd51b1c4303ad694c11b0489.png

• Like 1