Sign in to follow this  
C-130 Hercules

Recommendations / Short Shift Kit / e36

Thought I asked the question - are there kits that are more equal than others? This would be going into a e36 m44 220... 

Are you meaning actual kits ie UCC evo? or just the short shift gear lever by itself?

Edited by Eagle

Bmspeedshop does a chassis mount shifter with adjustable throw made by @Arron

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, C-130 Hercules said:

The whole kit. Is UUC any good? Never heard of that brand. 

Well respected\popular brand in the US but not cheap. Never used any of their kit so dont know much more than that.

• Like 1

I had a UUC short shifter kit in my E30, it was a manual swap so I never had a reference for how long the normal shifter was. It all worked nicely though but like Eagle said it was pretty expensive @$325 USD. 

• Like 1

UUC were the business when they were the only ones offering a DSSR, but these days their pricing seems "ambitious." All their gear is absolutely top notch in quality however. Rogue Engineering do similarly priced / quality gear. 

You can remove so much porridge from the factory setup with new bushings across the board and refreshing the gearbox attachment points - FCP euro do a fairly cheap E36 / M44 setup with factory bushings and the time tested classic Z3 lever. 

• Like 2