Sign in to follow this  
Vass

Will someone tell him he's dreaming or should I?

First of all, what an absolutely mint looking car. None the less, dude must be on some grade A crack asking for $23k. Must be the most overpriced non-M e46 out there. The "professionally done" manual conversion looks a half-arsed effort at best with the gear cog on the dash and clutch fan still in place. Makes you wonder what other corners were cut.

How many years away are we from these cars actually fetching something close to that money?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3850602716

image.thumb.png.53372475e361b500ca01a4fb1df6e592.png

image.thumb.png.01460d06eef39540c93916333e6dd2af.png

image.thumb.png.94b72df940e567926a3c9d3edf2d4084.png

• Like 1

What's wrong with having the clutch fan? 

Doesn't hurt anyone to ask for that money. Someone might decide its worth that much to them. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thorburn said:

What's wrong with having the clutch fan?

Doesn't hurt anyone to ask for that money. Someone might decide its worth that much to them. 

Manuals should have an electric fan instead so it's not a very thorough conversion, but I'm being pedantic here. I have a general dislike of clutch fans as they sound like vacuum cleaners, are a power drain (albeit a very marginal one) and have read through one too many an account of them grenading the whole front end, taking out the cooling hoses and piercing the bonnet to take my chances on them personally.

Doesn't hurt asking I guess. I mean I wish the prices were up there. Realistically though I reckon we're still a good few years away and the price seems way out of whack at this point in time.

I do love that colour on an E46 (moreso on a PFL but I think thats an M3 only thing).

Market on these has been pretty stagnant the past year and I sold mine last December for $17,500.

I'm yet to see one as nice come up for sale but plenty with higher asking prices.

Yeah way overpriced - sounds someone has done a conversion (maybe Getrag) thrown some headers on it and called it a day. I bet extensive service history doesn't amount to much, probably just repairs needed to keep it running and legal.

I don't think any stock'ish non M E46 is worth more 20k in current market regardless of work done. (EDIT: Mine is valued at 18k independently) 

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 2

No one needs to tell him it's overpriced, go get a life. There isn't a rule that you MUST tell someone of your reckons. 

What he does need to sort before trying to sell it for that much, is the dash lights and lack of cert. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, KwS said:

No one needs to tell him it's overpriced, go get a life. There isn't a rule that you MUST tell someone of your reckons.

C'mon, sure you told you reckons more than a few times on this public forum.

• Like 1

Someone must have taken a piss in Grouchy Smurf's coffee yesterday. We've all been there.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Blackie said:

C'mon, sure you told you reckons more than a few times on this public forum.

I tell my reckons on a forum, not use trademe as a forum to derail a listing. Allowing Q&A on classified listings is still one of the shittiest things trademe did (other than increase prices through the roof); so many time wasting keyboard warriors that wouldn't have previously bothered to make private contact. Imagine calling someone to say their price is too high, but no you're not actually interested in buying it, you just wanted them to know.

If anyone hasnt clicked, my whole stance is due to the title of this thread.

Edited by KwS
  • Like 2

So its okay to do it as long as its behind their back? 😉 Don't forget potential buyers and sellers can read all the opinions here and elsewhere just as easily. I don't think you're going to derail a $23k 330ci listing with a comment stating the obvious?