Sign in to follow this  
gjm

BMW Z3 coupe, 6.2 V8

Translation.

Detailed description:

The base vehicle is an arctic silver BMW Z3 Coupé 2.8, 193 hp, manual switch, first hand, 320,000 km and continuously maintained by BMW checkbook.

It was completely disassembled and derusted in a workshop. New underbody protection was applied. Almost all mechanical and technical parts of the structure have been renewed or sandblasted and powder coated.

The built-in engine is a high-torque and enchanting-sounding LS3 V8 with 6.2L displacement, known from various GM models such as Camaro, Corvette, etc. It was completely dismantled, overhauled and rebuilt with high-quality parts.

Shifting is via a 6-speed Tremec T56 transmission, which was sometimes used in various Viper, Corvette and Camaro models. It was overhauled just like everything else.

The differential is a custom-made product and consists of the large BMW Type 215 housing, the particularly stable E31 850CSI V12 wheelset, E34 M5 flanges, E46 M3 cover with cooling fins and double mount, multi-plate lock with preload, load 60%, thrust 30%, total reduction i =2.93. The rear axle and differential mounts have been extensively reinforced (Randy Forbes subframe reinformance kit), the cardan shaft and the drive shafts have been made separately.

The wheels consist of very light, matt black ProTrack One 8Jx18" ET30 and 11Jx18" ET44, with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires in the dimensions 235/40 and 315/30.

The KW Variant 3 coilover kit also ensures great handling.

The brakes are K-Sport 356x32mm 6-piston front and 330x32mm 4-piston rear, with EBC Yellow-Stuff pads and braided steel brake hoses all around. Original M-Coupé funnels serve as brake cooling.

In order to make the sound potential of the unit audible, a manifold and a flap exhaust system were installed. The focus was not on the volume, but on the exhaust gas discharge and the good sound.

The outer skin was painted in classic Porsche Zinn Metallic, the engine compartment is light gray high gloss.

The diffuser is a custom-made product with no technical function. It is intended to visually round off the rear and protect the bumper from the hot tailpipes.

The entire interior, doors, bonnet and tailgate have been extensively and heavily soundproofed. The Wiechers roll bar provides additional visual and technical rigidity and, in an emergency, safety.

The fantastic seating position is achieved by the 34cm sports steering wheel and the Recaro Pole Position bucket seats in genuine leather. These were attached using specially designed seat brackets that are mounted on the original seat frames - preserving the original electric seat adjustment - and offer the lowest possible seating position in the Z3.

The total weight increased by around 100kg, although you have to consider that many parts of the drive train, due to their dimensions, weigh significantly more, up to twice or three times as much as the original, around the 50kg of insulating material installed and just as much reinforcement was welded in. And the crucial point: the load distribution has improved significantly.

The conversion and legalization costs were a good six-figure figure. A high but necessary investment in order to successfully implement the many new parts, the high-quality accessories, the amount of work, as well as the exhaust gas and noise reports with subsequent TÜV approval. The conversion itself was carried out by the workshop, not privately. Many rare and expensive parts were introduced that bring technical or useful added value. such as B. a high-quality music system, a data display, or the symmetrical luggage compartment floor of the M model.

A personal project, a unique concept. A gran turismo that should not attract attention, but should drive honestly and grandiosely. Maybe you like what you see and get involved with this unique vehicle. I wish that the car changes into your valuable possession and that you enjoy it without having to ruin yourself financially. I've already done that, which is why I have to part with this special automobile.

You can find out more details about the vehicle during a personal inspection. The selling price remains a matter of negotiation.

The sale takes place without any guarantee.

That would really go fast and be a blast to drive, except in the wet.

• Haha 1

Impressive that they successfully went through the whole compliance process in Germany, they're supposedly notoriously difficult to please over there with any sort of vehicle modifications. 

10 minutes ago, Vass said:

Impressive that they successfully went through the whole compliance process in Germany, they're supposedly notoriously difficult to please over there with any sort of vehicle modifications. 

I wonder if it would clear cert in NZ?

4 minutes ago, gjm said:

I wonder if it would clear cert in NZ?

Only one way to find out mate 😄 Go for gold

17 hours ago, topnotchrally said:

I wish that the car changes into your valuable possession and that you enjoy it without having to ruin yourself financially. I've already done that, which is why I have to part with this special automobile.

Not often you see this much truth from someone selling a project !!!

Cheers...

what would be the chances of converting it to rhd??   Looks pretty tight under the bonnet.  Good job I don't really like silver cars!