Sign in to follow this  
treone

Cheaper alternatives to Dynamat?

I'm keen to 'sound deaden' the cavity of the roof in my HSV station wagon, while I have the headliner out. As there is quite of bit of surface area, using Dynamat would be super expensive. So... what are the cheaper sound deadening options/alternatives?

TIA, Cheers

Edited by treone

I've got kilmat saved in my bookmarks from long ago. Seems to have good reviews. Unsure how economical it is vs dynamat nowadays

• Thanks 1

There are alternatives / clones, but my experience is that the adhesive lets them down. So if you do use a trademe alternative, (I'm a fan of the foam sound deadener) then possibly combo it with a reputable contact adhesive to avoid the pain of it coming free in a month. 

Edited by Twistee
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the suggestions so far - will look into them. 

edited the request to be a bit clearer, meaning , cheap a$$ and effective options/alternatives 😎

Thanks @akapjay 

I’ve been leaning towards this so will probably go with it

Noico is another.

But you do need to watch the glues used especially when  sticking to hot inverted panels and some have an ongoing smell which happened to a colleagues audio build and his car still smells on hot days a couple of years after the install ( can’t remember the brand sorry )

Go over to diymoblieaudio.com and have a look at the CLD reviews. Some people have gone to great lengths to test the stuff.

Personally I’d use Dynamat again for the glues used and no issues years after 

• Thanks 1