HarryOkona

New member intro - E60 M5

Hi all,

Longtime lurker and first time contributor.

I'm an automotive enthusiast with deep interests across all areas and eras. I often research and embark on deep-dives into manufacturers, models and automotive history. My favourite BMW is the E60 M5. I truly believe it's the greatest super/sports saloon ever built, and the S85 one of the greatest engines of all-time along with the S70/2. In my opinion it's a historic high-water-mark and represents the pinnacle of BMW, saloons, q-cars and Germany's engineering & industrial-base. 

So around two-years ago I started the search for finding my perfect E60. Whenever I purchase, I try to find the best possible example with the intention to hold it forever (I've never sold a car and hopefully never will). As you all know it's incredibly difficult to find a good-condition, low-milage, well-maintained E60. After scouring all RHD markets for the perfect example, I finally found 'the one' in an October auction on Collecting Cars UK.

One-owner, 52k-kms, high-spec, meticulous history/records, only dealer serviced, completely factory spec (unmodified), UK-new. No expenses spared and kept in a supercar storage facility for the past few years. 

2006, Silverstone, Full-Indianapolis, Olive Carrara, clear glass, Silver 166s, active heated front & rear seats, Logic7, etc... Essentially every box ticked, except for blinds & cooled seats (thankfully). Full old-money geezer spec. Hopefully it comes across well in the photos.

The car landed in January and is now compliant, registered, emissions approved (ffs...), and is out on the road.

This is my first BMW. Loving every kilometer. I'm excited to have joined the club. Will likely meet a few of you at club meets/events. Cheers

20240309_101055-2.thumb.jpg.ca86d9fe3eb861841ee5f46aa238ed3f.jpg

20240309_101002-2.thumb.jpg.cdce99cc61c8fd18225e3b84742cfbf2.jpg

20240309_100924.thumb.jpg.ee29727127c4813e1092040c462b374c.jpg

20240309_100914.thumb.jpg.93bc5c7614dc3d26c5453eb3b91c6601.jpg

m5-interior-70.thumb.jpg.3b5f333eef91ffc988d3d67a9bfb9892.jpg

m5-interior-59.thumb.jpg.f57b12d8cc5f8a142c2cac10ba9fc6a7.jpg

• Like 22

Smoking jacket spec indeed, wonderful!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

Smoking jacket spec indeed, wonderful!

And slippers, a must!

• Like 2

Stunning! Congrats Harry! Hope you the BMW Car Club and tag in to some events with our Auckland crew.

Love my E60 M5.

• Like 2

I used to hate wood trim in the era - now I really like it. 

If you're going to get new centre caps, get the OEM floating ones I reckon!

• Like 2

Welcome to the e60 M5 club!

• Like 1

Hello fellow rod bearer 🤣 Very unique interior. 

Actually the cooled and ventilated seats is one my favorite feature, which I thought of nothing initially until I first used it on a hot day.

Look for M-tech YouTube channel to see M5 maintenance and tips, you can also look at my thread here of what I have done so far.. We also started with a low k car, 54k kms. Stock and untouched. It’s got its pros, but cons. All of the big ticket items will be done in your ownership. Happy to help if you have any questions about some issues that you may encounter.

• Like 1