Sign in to follow this  
M325is

How far can you go?

So I did a test on my car, filled it right up from petrol light empty with caltex 96 before a trip to Thames (140miles) then after I got back from open road driving I went for a further 157miles around town before the petrol light came on again. So all up I travelled 297miles = 478kilometers.

So I was wondering what you guys get from your cars?

Which bimmer is most fuel efficient?

Because my manual M325i is Way more efficient then my old 86 auto 318i, couldnt believe it!!

:huh:

By the way, petrol light to petrol light in my M325i is 45L

Guest Andrew

Ouch - filled up the e36 this weekend - it did 794 kms out of a tank that cost 95 bucks on open rd driving.

Ruby the manual e30 318 does about 600 k to a tank in city driving.

Mums auto E46 318 does around 650 k to a tank in city driving.

The race car does 200 k to a tank of track driving that costs 110 bucks to fill heh.

I got about 500km with about a 50/50 split of open road and city.

my car does around 12-13L/100k round town....not too bad, even compared to sisters primera

i still maintain having a more powerful engine and not having to use as much % of power to drive is more economical/better alternative than small slushboxes

The race car does 200 k to a tank of track driving that costs 110 bucks to fill heh.

SH*T that's cheap! $110 of Avgas at $2.00 a litre [55 litres to do 200k in a race-car] I'm at 1 litre a lap around the old Taupo Track [1.4 kms] with a 60 litre tank thats about 84km's of range

99 540iA

14 to 15 litre/100k around town

9.6 litre/100K open road, Taihape to Auckland at avge of 91km/hr

My usual for my e30 is about 9Ltr per 100 km. Goes up and down depending if i drive nana or rape it. (usuall nana styles)

I filled it up the other day for a trip up to hanmer springs, got about 400km to the tank but i was thrashing it as always.

She ran like a champ, never misted a beat lol

400K in a E36 318IS

If i try hard enough 500K

and thats full as, to totaly dry.. haha

get about 500k in the 325cia 92 . (useless auto's) get about 550 to 600k in the 20 year old M535i 3.5L manual done 480000km .

and little bit less in the E34 535i manual .

look forward to the other 535i that i will be doing up with hartge engine etc . its got a 90L + tank , should be able to get about 900km on a tank .

Based on fuel light coming on (e36) , commute with combo of motorway / heavy traffic / city & urban.

1981 323i auto 400 km for 50 litres on a good day

1985 323i manual 450-490 for 50 litres

1991 318i e36 auto 510 -550 to fuel light

1994 325i e36 manual 520 -550 ''

1996 328i e36 auto 530 - 560 '' (a bit suprised !)

around town(its pretty easy driving) i can get 520 550 ks with about 62 litre fill up,on the open road its no sweat to get welly- tauraunga and run around for a few days...

Looks like the larger six's do well on the fuel front. I thought they'd drink more.

remember Neal,the 535 has a 80L fuel tank :)

Edited by kiwi535

pointless drivel but

GTi = 13-14km/litre, fangin' (v. quick trip feilding to kumeu, auckland)

round town bout 10km/l on the same. trying to nana it on the open road actually makes it hungrier. guess it's more laboursome on the engine in higher gears. duno. tis a bitch to keep on the speed limit....

MS65 = 7.5km/l on 65ish litres, open road.

round town, prolly be lucky to get 6km/l. hungry. and that = my daily driver. silly idea lol

I regularly travel to nelson which is 420ks. My M325i usually get there on just over 30 litres. Thats driving driving pretty normally, not thrashing it but still I often dont have anyone pass me.

I reckon if I was really stupidely careful like folding mirrors in, drafting trucks, never using more than 1/4 throttle etc Id damn near get there and back on a single 55litre tank.

Its far cheaper to run on the open road than my old 1.6 CRX was. Situation is reversed around town though. But I only do about 10% of my driving around town so that dont really bother me.

I guess the fuel economy is just cause theyre so tall geared...the extra 800 revs the CRX was pulling at 100k have to make a difference, let alone if your going faster and the difference increases even more so

1990 M325i, 221,000km

Average on the open road is about 9l/100km. Filled last week, ~650km was 57l. Mostly open road drving, plus a couple of trips up to Turoa ski field. Filled yesterday, all open road driving, 480km was 40 litres - can't imagine getting to much better than this.

Don't ever drive around town enough to really get a good figure - probably 12-13l/100km

I normally get around 750 on a trip (plus up or down a bit dep on the day). E39 528iASE (edited for crap typing- Rog)

That gets me from Palmy to Auckland with plenty of fuel to spare for when I have to slow down to 5kph when I get on the motorway - LOL

Edited by Jazzbass

for when I have to slow down to 5kph when I get on the motorway - LOL

OI YOU, NO!

old coggers ! sunday drivers ! roger get yourself upto the next Auckland bimmersport meet.

Edited by E30stz

I do Wellington city to Hamilton city without the fuel light turning on, 65L tank, ~550kms, getting just under 10L/100K.

Town driving around Welly is shocking though given the hills I live in, 13L/100K, I fill up with the 10c p/L discount at the pak n save after my weekly shop.

E: And I mostly use 95, mix it up with 91 in summer.

E2: I've also done Welly to Gisbourne on one tank but didn't make it back on one tank as the foot was heavier.

Edited by Carl

My black car did about 9-950kms on a tank. (100L tank) Drove Pamly to tga and back, round trip of 800km open road.

The 35 does 450km on about 45L on 95, when im not trigger happy. I keep cruse on for about 90% if poss.

When i need to lay the smackdown on noobs that need to be pwnd by the resthome rental, economy goes out the window.

my 89 325i use heaps of gas drivind around town..

$20 ---- 68ks..

but my run around car 84 lazer....

$20 --- 132ks..

then when i got no gas.. the push bike does...

30ks on 2'cans of coke.... haha funny...

back to bimmers depens how you drive it,wether how far you get...

if you got a heavy foot it doesn't last long....

At Least I know now my car guzzles the average amount of gas for a M325i :) Might have saved a few drops if I didnt blow the bugs out along the kopu flats. :)