Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Browsers

Which browser do you prefer?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Currently am using 3 browsers and still haven't decided which is best

I'm currently torn between Opera and Firefox as I like tabbed browsing and the built in functions. I've used Firefox for the last 3 years but have recently used Opera as it's faster, less buggy, more feature rich, and has built in BitTorrent which is quite useful.

Interesting to note that the forum software here has Mozilla specific tags...nice

Have to use IE for some sites that are so ignorant that they're only developed for IE.

Please give me your onions on this.

Edited by Carl

Currently am using 3 browsers and still haven't decided which is best

I'm currently torn between Opera and Firefox as I like tabbed browsing and the built in functions. I've used Firefox for the last 3 years but have recently used Opera as it's faster, less buggy, more feature rich, and has built in BitTorrent which is quite useful.

Interesting to note that the forum software here has Mozilla specific tags...nice

Have to use IE for some sites that are so ignorant that they're only developed for IE.

Please give me your onions on this.

I use Firefox and have an add-in called IE Tab, which embeds IE into Firefox for certain websites that I choose, such as Microsoft Updates and any other shitty site that needs to use IE to render crap.

IE Tab - Right here baby

I use Firefox and have an add-in called IE Tab, which embeds IE into Firefox for certain websites that I choose, such as Microsoft Updates and any other shitty site that needs to use IE to render crap.

IE Tab - Right here baby

same goes for me. firefox has some great add ons (extensions). my favourites (other than IE Tab) are:

Tab mix plus - each tab has it's own loading bar so i can open a million tabs at once and see what is loaded etc.. some other cool features.

Switch Proxy - great for laptops that you take to work and connect to a proxy server then come home and connect direct, swap multiple proxys with the click of the mouse

Forecastfox - Keep up to date with current and 5 day forecasts, very customisable to suit your needs, i love it.

and for those of you who havent figured it out yet, use middle click or scroll wheel click to open links in a new tab most mice are set up to do this.

Cool, thanks Tane, that IE tabs comes in handy at work.

I'm having to stick to Opera at home though as my Firefox keeps freezing up on me :(

I have been using Firefox for some time now, but the recent upgrade went all munted for me. It won't let me into sites which the previous version did - won't retain passwords etc.. consequently, I have reverted to IE and have had no further problems.

I must admit, though - I never noticed any difference at all between Firefox/IE in terms of speed or functionality. Apart from the munted version which pissed me off.

Ollie - middle click badasss FTW thanks!

Tane - Finally! I can get rid of IE once and for all at work - needed IE for secure login to govt website, but now can use firefox - chur.

firefox on pc, safari on my mac.

+1

I have the FireFTP and Image Zoom extensions loaded.

A couple of guys here have a weather extension and it made firefox go "munted" when it was updated.

Edited by E30-323ti

Update - just installed the IE extension and removed the pop up blocker and a couple of others I don't recall installing.

I change my previous opinion - Firefox IS faster.

Well I now know why my firefox was freezing up every now and then, was a Hyper Threading issue, set firefox up to run as a single thread and whammo - all issues gone and she runs sweet :)

Interesting article...more interesting since i'm also the only person to have voted Opera so far...it does javascript considerably faster than all the other web browsers I use...especially for a game I wrote when I was bored that run entirely through script.