E30stz

Quick Questions

E36 Manual Trans Fluid change ... what brand/type should i be using?, can find lots of info for auto's but not much about manuals.

Thanks in advance.

E36 Manual Trans Fluid change ... what brand/type should i be using?, can find lots of info for auto's but not much about manuals.

Thanks in advance.

G3 full synthetic or for high load abuse (racing) 75w80 full synthetic

Has anyone got a P.A.Soft diagnostic scanner? I'm looking for a manual and code lookup for it.

If I remove the centre muffler and replace it with straight pipes (while keeping the stock back muffler), will it be too loud? m20b25 e30.

Probably... depends on the condition of the rear muffler. I would suggest fitting a couple of Coby Bullet mufflers

My fuel guage light went out so i took the cluster out and replaced the bulb, which hasn't worked. Have tried three bulbs to no avail. all bulbs in good condition before and after installation. No other dash issues/light problems or dead pixels. everything else works as it should. 1994 E34.

Possible cause?

My fuel guage light went out so i took the cluster out and replaced the bulb, which hasn't worked. Have tried three bulbs to no avail. all bulbs in good condition before and after installation. No other dash issues/light problems or dead pixels. everything else works as it should. 1994 E34.

Possible cause?

Possibly a cracked or burnt out circuit on the board. Do you have an LED test light? and do you know how to check for an earth & a power feed ??

Edited by *Glenn*

Possibly a cracked or burnt out circuit on the board. Do you have an LED test light? and do you know how to check for an earth & a power feed ??

Short answer - No.

Happy to learn though!

how do you remove the door frame lining/ surround in a e38?

how do you remove the door frame lining/ surround in a e38?

Very carefully ......with the right instructions which I don't have here at home

yeah i figured. that thing is stuck on tight!! well now dont need to found out i dont have to remove them to remove the headlining :D

hey there

'84 e30

3 series coupe

just had the engine swapped over ( same for same) ( m20?) and now am having heaps of trouble with the battery.

put a new ( NOS) alternator in and then went ahead and upgraded to a 500cca battery.

should i try for a 3rd alt? or any other ideas as to what it may be?

whyte

hey there

'84 e30

3 series coupe

just had the engine swapped over ( same for same) ( m20?) and now am having heaps of trouble with the battery.

put a new ( NOS) alternator in and then went ahead and upgraded to a 500cca battery.

should i try for a 3rd alt? or any other ideas as to what it may be?

whyte

Trying parts without proper diagnosis is a waste of money & time. If the alternator wont charge...then change it... but first the problem needs to be diagnosed first.

I have a reconditioned m20 alternator (from Hotwire on here) that was working mint when I used it, Can have it for pretty cheap give me a PM if you like..

I have a reconditioned m20 alternator (from Hotwire on here) that was working mint when I used it, Can have it for pretty cheap give me a PM if you like..

i may eventually take you up on that but in the mean time i may just chuck out there if anyone knows of any good "friendly" auto elecs in Sunny Gissy, as i have just shifted up here.

after the weight of a M50b25 engine, i'm gonna buy a engine stand but unsure which of the two to get

Thanks for the reply!

yeah supercheap have 2 different weights aswell from what my mate said?, I'm not buying the supercheap one anyway lol I can get better brands cheaper elsewhere luckily

i can get 1000lbs/450kg or a 1500lb from memory, if it weighs in close to 450kg i'll just get the next one up. just wanna know for certain first :rolleyes:

Way less than 450kg mate!

Thanks for the reply!

yeah supercheap have 2 different weights aswell from what my mate said?, I'm not buying the supercheap one anyway lol I can get better brands cheaper elsewhere luckily

i can get 1000lbs/450kg or a 1500lb from memory, if it weighs in close to 450kg i'll just get the next one up. just wanna know for certain first :rolleyes:

they're 136kg i believe

n00b as question, but where can I go to get my E30 headlights aligned? I would rather not do it myself and risk making them worse.

Cheers

Most good workshops that do WOF's should have a light box.