E30stz

Quick Questions

Fuse? I think the light just powers off something else, as the dehmister would use a relay.

cheers! will check fuse when the suns out

edit: slot no. 8 Heated Rear Window fuse

Edited by dubman

replaced fused. heated rear window still no luck....

anymore recommendations? cheers

Edited by dubman

Are both the plugs in proper like?

replaced fused. heated rear window still no luck....

anymore recommendations? cheers

Have you checked the fuse again, may have blown when you turned it on for the second time hinting towards a short circuit.

Max: checked the rear window heating strip connectors. they're plugged in properly

Greg: The fuse was fine in the 1st instance, but i replaced it with a new fuse anyways.

:( looks like i'll be using a window wiper this winter. cheers for input guys

Inspect the rear windscreen carefully to see if connection is broken anywhere in the element. e.g, it's been scratched off or damaged. Apparently there is a special type of conductive paint that can be used to repair the element if this is indeed the case.

Apparently there is a special type of conductive paint that can be used to repair the element if this is indeed the case.

Just got new tints done by Seth :D too late now. Its prob damaged filament. sigh..... <_<

another question :rolleyes:

i got 51mm struts on my 316i, do i tell the wheel alignment guy to align it to 325 or 316 specs? cheers

as far as i know they are the same anyway, but if they are different it will be 325i specs.

Can the planet (sp planetary) gears be replaced in a e30 LSD? are they the same as in a normal open diff?

In other words can you break a E30 LSD beyond repair? lol

Cheers

nothings beyond repair if you have enough money... as far as i am aware the lsd units are pretty indestructable and if anything is going to break it will be the rest of the diff around it.... whats the symptoms?

^ not my own diff, its for a mate. apparently the planet/tary gears are rooted.

cant say ive heard of that before in an lsd... but yeah it would be fixable, but may be cheaper to get another lsd unit.. about $5-600

will a drum brake to disk brakes conversion require a cert for WoF? cheers

Do E30 touring sunroofs have rear drain holes? Water only drains through the two at the front.

Does anyone know offhand what size allen key socket is required for a Getrag 240 fill plug?

Edited by NZ_BMW

15 or 16 from memory... what i did was found a bolt that the head of the bolt fitted into it and then welded a nut onto the bolt to turn it..

What sort of results would you expect from a warrant of fitness brake dyno for an E30?

the guy mentioned my results were a little low, but he could see my brakes were new so let me off anyway.

I got 190,190 (front) 120,120 (rear) I'm not sure what these mean. but seem high enough?

What sort of results would you expect from a warrant of fitness brake dyno for an E30?

the guy mentioned my results were a little low, but he could see my brakes were new so let me off anyway.

I got 190,190 (front) 120,120 (rear) I'm not sure what these mean. but seem high enough?

The fronts are reading low... I'd be expecting 250 +... alot of factors can effect the readings though. It could be the pad material if they were cold. What pads are you using ?

Edited by *Glenn*

The fronts are reading low... I'd be expecting 250 +... alot of factors can effect the readings though. It could be the pad material if they were cold. What pads are you using ?

He said he could've got me to go and warm the pads up, but yeah.

Uhm, Cheap ones. about 60 bucks for the set from sims brakes... (it's not on the recepit)

the brakes do work fine (much better than before) I mean, If I didn't think it was safe, I'd probably complian more.

Edited by antil33t

Just recently replaced ICV in my m40b16. this stopped the "hunting" at traffic lights.

But everytime i push the clutch pedal in, the engine seems like it is about to stall, then quickly bounces back up again in terms of revs, then settles. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: this issue was present before i replaced the ICV.

Edited by dubman