E30stz

Quick Questions

the other question is if the crank sesnor is faulty what does the ecu do? ie does it have a factory map that it reverts to?

Happy to be corrected if im wrong, but if its faulty does that not mean that the ECU has no way of knowing where the engine is in its cycle and has no idea when to fire injectors etc? couldnt be taken from the TPS as you can have half throttle at 2k rpm or 6k rpm...

^yeah that is true about not knowing where the engine is in terms of rotation. but im not sure if it either does not run or weather it reverts to a simultaniouse injection or spark setup.

^yeah that is true about not knowing where the engine is in terms of rotation. but im not sure if it either does not run or weather it reverts to a simultaniouse injection or spark setup.

The DME in an E30 doesn't have that facility. If the crank sensor is faulty, it has no reference for spark or injection.

i'm installing a stud kit on my e30. I bought Three Bond medium strength ( its the same as Locktite Blue according to couple of auto shops). Apart from screwing the studs in TIGHT AS HELL, is there anything else you guys can advise on in terms of installation and safety? Do i still torque the new wheel nuts the same as factory recommendations ?

I'm using brake parts cleaner to clean the surfaces for the bond.

Which engine did the 1996 BMW 523i use? a 2.5l m52b25 i assume. can someone confirm? cheers

Which engine did the 1996 BMW 523i use? a 2.5l m52b25 i assume. can someone confirm? cheers

That's correct

Do i still torque the new wheel nuts the same as factory recommendations ?

Yes.... you always torque wheel studs and nuts

My E30 has a smashed headlight lense, stone went clean thru it, Can i replace just the glass lense or do i have to remove adjusters or whatever holds it in there and change the whole "bulb"

TIA

You need to change the whole headlight with new mounting clips because they will most likely break

My E30 has a smashed headlight lense, stone went clean thru it, Can i replace just the glass lense or do i have to remove adjusters or whatever holds it in there and change the whole "bulb"

TIA

You can actually change the lens, But's pretty pointless considering you'd have to pull the whole headlight out and bake it in the oven to get the lens of then seal a new one on.

Maybe smoke the headlights while your at it?

fuuuuuu I hate E30 headlights, got a 3 spares at home because of busted adjusters, was hoping I wouldnt have to touch it so I wouldnt break any of them :rolleyes: haha

Cheers Guys!

fuuuuuu I hate E30 headlights, got a 3 spares at home because of busted adjusters, was hoping I wouldnt have to touch it so I wouldnt break any of them :rolleyes: haha

Cheers Guys!

They turn 90 degrees to remove them, Take off the whole mounting bit and it'll be easier. They aren't to expensive for new ones though anyway.

TIA

give me a call might be able to help

Jon

04 3801089

Thanks for the offer Jon, all sorted now, swapped the whole thing out with a spare I have, nothing broke so all good... It's a set of your headlights in there from when you last helped me out! haha

Have a 89 F/L e30. Was wondering if i got a new valance can it be bolted? Or would i have to weld? Thanks :D

Have a 89 F/L e30. Was wondering if i got a new valance can it be bolted? Or would i have to weld? Thanks :D

front valance is bolted,

we also have several available

Thanks for the offer Jon, all sorted now, swapped the whole thing out with a spare I have, nothing broke so all good... It's a set of your headlights in there from when you last helped me out! haha

not a problem

Brand & Grade of Diff oil for non LSD? (morely after grade, but brand advice is good)

Stupid question I know. Can't seem to find any definate answers :S

Bentley Manual says "SAE 90, GL5" (see text)

then the text tells me to go see the dealer....

Edited by antil33t

What is controlled by the unoccupied relay port in my aux relay bank? 1990 facelift 325i

Its got blue/green, blue/brown and blue/white wires going to it

post-2398-1280726462.jpg

Oxy sensor heater relay

You sure foxy? Bentley agrees but another E30 book does not, and why would it have wires going to it if my car has no oxy sensor?

Sorry to interrupt...

Could someone give me some suggestions on how to blend/polish my touch up paint job?

I have used a lacquer from a spray can and it's obviously more matte than the rest of the paintwork. Cheers.

Sorry to interrupt...

Could someone give me some suggestions on how to blend/polish my touch up paint job?

I have used a lacquer from a spray can and it's obviously more matte than the rest of the paintwork. Cheers.

Personally, used a 1200grip wet and dry to smooth out the matte finish (Soak the paper for a few hours in water) on my paint, then used a cutting compound to polish it up, sorry not sure of brand panel beater mate had it in a big bottle, then used Mothers Wax afterwards