Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Sink hole + 19inch wheels = bad

Well .. I guess it would happen one day ... but I didnt expect like this...

Was driving down esmond road in takapuna ... they currently have a bunch of road works going on .. and they have in typical AK road work fasion "patched" up the road .... unfortunitly water had got under the road and caused a sink hole (pot hole) I was driving down the road and both wheels hit it

It burst both my tires , buckled both my drivers side wheels ... and smashed my control arm brace in turn pushing the whole assembly up into the guard and munching the my new custom guard :( ... (its worse now than in the photos due to having to move the vehicle.

Unfortunitly my wheels are custom so it gonna be about 6-8 weeks to get them made again ... and into persicion autowerks the car goes for the panel and suspension work again :(

post-373-1154843450_thumb.jpg

Sink hole

post-373-1154843481_thumb.jpg

Brendon in rain

post-373-1154843503_thumb.jpg

Rear wheel

post-373-1154843514_thumb.jpg

Screwed front .. :/

Guest Andrew

Dude - that SERIOUSLY sucks.

I'd be writing to the council and giving them a piece of my mind.

Get those coilovers in while your in there - are you going to claim insurance?

Mate you've got right's....

This happened to a friend of mine not long ago up north.

He contacted his issurance company and they pursued the contractor's that were responsible for that bit of the road. After a bit of f**king around between the council and the contractor's he got compensation for the damage.

We pay thousand's of dollar's a year in taxes and the goverment and council's can't even build good quality flat road's let alone maintain them. :banghead:

man that sounds super expensive..must have some speed going through there for something to cost that much damage!

please make sure that you are not the one copping the bill for this and whoever is responsible is!

it's not good enough, auckland roads are f**ked and are damaging our cars rendering them more dangerous and even costing lives!

all i can say is f**kING USELESS c**ts!

Josh thats f**ked man :( Insurance? Give the council / contractors sh*t over it for sure. What ya gunna do for a ride? have ya got the Autowerks micro again

definatly writing to the council to tell them how you feel!!!

it's not good enough, auckland roads are f**ked and are damaging our cars rendering them more dangerous and even costing lives!

all i can say is f**kING USELESS c**ts!

f**k yeah!!!! The road's just seem to get worse and worse the further you come north... I'm not tryin to hint anything but I think the standard in roading engineer's and worker's have to be seriously looked at.

USELESS c**ts!!!

yeah...taka is so sh*t at the moment...heaps and heaps of holes everywhere...bad enough on 15's!

with all the bad weather there are pothole everywhere,i hit a bad pothole coming over paekeak hill tonite,prolly bent my frontright wheel(if it wasnt already!)

You dont need to be going fast ..with 12-1300 kg of car behingd a hit.

dont hold your breath about getting any money outa anyone josh, seems like noone knows who is responisble when things like this happen.

happened to me and noone wants to play ball. claim is all i say. no blood in stones

Esmonde you say? that road is useless, and its full of bloody roadworks at the moment. I feel for you dude, you've put so much work into that car!

I'd better keep the car in the garage till they fix up taka, haha

hmmmm you most likely right ...

Ill get it into the panel beaters as soon as I can... its the wheels that are gonna be the big worry ... might see if they can be repaired ... but I think not. So will order those first, and get the car into Persicion AW.

Trust me I had the same issue in Waitakere where i managed to flatten 2 17' motorsport wheels and bent the control arm on my e36.....but as luck would happen a very nice lady at the Waitakere council told me how to get payment;

1. Contact the council...ask who the contractor is who has been doing the repairs(or stalk the site to get the contractors name)

2. Contact the roading contractor because he will have public liability insurance

3. Contract the insurance company and explain that you have hired a car from the most expensive rental company in town....

4. Keep a log of your dealings with all of the above parties...time,date and person spoken to, what their role is...

5. Keep all the people you deal with informed of what is happening, this is the best part because if you have any troubles you can unleash the demons on all of the useless f**kers.....

This method worked for me, payment was recieved from the insurance company within 3 days and I even recieved a written apology from the council and the contractor

Dude fully feel your pain, we were in my mates 190e last night, pissing rain coming back from the movies, hit a pot hole, blew the front drivers side tyre and buckled his 18" rim, Auckland roads = teh gay!! BURN Auckland city Council!!!

hmmmm you most likely right ...

Ill get it into the panel beaters as soon as I can... its the wheels that are gonna be the big worry ... might see if they can be repaired ... but I think not. So will order those first, and get the car into Persicion AW.

I got my wheels fixed in Cambridge.

Wheel and Frame. Speak to John. 0-7-827 6688

Does heaps of wheels.

Not cheap but very good. I guess you get what you pay for.

Word of mouth from the guys at Mosen Euro (BMW dismantlers in Hamilton).

:)

Hey dude, Lance at Arrow wheels is very good. He not only fixes wheels but fabricates them from scratch so may be the most able. Good luck with the claims.

josh take your bent rims to Brugar engineering on barrys point road opposite 24hr foodtown, they do a good job at a very reasonable price and a reasonable turnaround. it's worth doing.

Just got off the phone with the council ... seems they are playing ball .. the contractor is being contacted for liability

Cars booked in with Precision Autowerks for monday

Ill find out who Precision will use for the wheels ... but heard great things about arrow wheels + they are the only wheel fabricator in the country. They were saying that the suspension tower will need to be inspected if its been wacked too hard my need replacing ... these guys know their sh*t so am happy they are looking after it :)

will keep ya posted

Mate, I've seen your car around and it looks (ed?) great, so sorry to hear this. Good luck with it,. I've had this twice, one win from Wellington CC and one loss from Auckland CC, who said it was just one of those things (broken balljoint). Luckily, Lexus thought better and replaced it for free.

Try Nazistaffcars mehtod and the key as always is to make a nuisamnce of yourself, eventually they will pay to make you go away. Good luck